Topic: UFX+ Analog Outputs Extension

I am looking to extend the analog outs to the front of a rack or a desktop.

Can anyone recommend a small patch bay or stage snake suited for this purpose?

An alternative would be to add more analog outputs. Is there an RME device best suited to expanding analog outputs in the UFX+?

Thx.

Re: UFX+ Analog Outputs Extension

How many analog inputs and outputs do you need at what max sample rate ?
Do you want to have the ports close to the UFX+ or at what cabling distance ?
What is your maximum budget ?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

I have enough analog inputs with the ufx and xtc. I use analog outputs 1/2 for my B monitors. Analog outputs 3-8 run to a six channel headphone amp used only when tracking live groups.

I would like to more easily swap 3-8 when mixing and overdubbung. Mainly to insert a couple analog compressors and to reamp guitars and bass. (I intend to ask in another post some questions about how you reamp.)

For cable length it would be no more than 6 feet. It could be shorter if the solution where Rack mounted with the ufx.

For cost I was looking low end. I am not sure I want to enter the world of wiring a full patch bay.

I saw an ART TPatch 8-Point 1/4 Inches TRS Balanced Patchbay but was not sure if something like that would be right.

However, I would consider another RME device to add more outputs instead of multi punishing the ufx. Thx.

Ah sorry misunderstanding, I thought you mean more ports, you need a patchbay.
Sorry, no idea, would also need to google for this.
For DB-25 connectors I would use the RME products.
But if I remember right there is no such product based on TRS plugs from RME.
Did you look in the big Thomann Online Shop already ?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13