Topic: Recomended PCI to PCIe adaptor for HDSP 9656

Hi

Im about to upgrade my computer and it pretty difficult to find motherboards with PCI slots so is it possible and reccomended to use a PCI to PCIe adaptor? Or does anyone have any motherboards to reccomend? I was looking at the Asus Prime B360 plus but it has mixed reviews.

cheers

Phil

2 (edited by enes.sabanovic 2020-04-27 19:57:18)

Re: Recomended PCI to PCIe adaptor for HDSP 9656

pmcbride10 wrote:

Hi

Im about to upgrade my computer and it pretty difficult to find motherboards with PCI slots so is it possible and reccomended to use a PCI to PCIe adaptor? Or does anyone have any motherboards to reccomend? I was looking at the Asus Prime B360 plus but it has mixed reviews.

cheers

Phil

I have a HDSP9632. I'm using this one from startech and it works great: https://www.dustinhome.se/product/50106 … U2EALw_wcB

I have also found three other people online on different forums that used this one without problems.

However I had to modify my chasis to make it fit. I had to saw off a notch in my chassis to make it fit. I also took the metal bracket off of the RME and fastened it from the outside of the chassis into the soundcard. That was the only way I could fasten it in a solid way because I need the connections to be stable (I will use it for live music performance and don't want to risk yanking it off).

Thats good to know. Is latency affected at all? I wonder if it would cause issues with a high amount of recording channels?

pmcbride10 wrote:

Thats good to know. Is latency affected at all? I wonder if it would cause issues with a high amount of recording channels?

Latency and performance should be the same.

One user on a forum actually improved performance compared to PCI but I'm not sure why. He said he could now use 32 samples on Projects where he previously used 64.