1 (edited by jwl 2020-05-03 08:35:45)

Topic: [SOLVED] FF UC, ch. 3+4 fine in Totalmix but without signal in DAW

Problem:
all 8 analog channels are showing incoming signals in Totalmix (1.65), all channels are present in Audio/MIDI setup and can be selected in various audio applications, including SoundStudio and Logic Pro X.

For some reason unknown to me the audio applications do not receive any input from channels 3 and 4, while 1+2 and channels 5 and above are working fine and can be recorded. All channels are verified to work in Totalmix. But somehow the signal flow ends there for channels 3 and 4.

I reinstalled the driver, flashed the firmware, deleted all relevant Preference files and restarted the coreaudiod deaemon (and of course the Mac). To no avail. And yes, the correct Audio Interface is indeed selected within Logic (and other apps I tested with).

That might be an issue with Core Audio or maybe my Totalmix settings (that are quite ordinary). I'm out of ideas. Any help, pointers, ideas are greatly appreciated.

Specs:
MacBook Pro 13'' (2011, 8,1)
macOS High Sierra 10.13.6
Logic Pro X 10.3.2
Fireface UC, driver 3.19, firmware 138

Jørgen Lang

Re: [SOLVED] FF UC, ch. 3+4 fine in Totalmix but without signal in DAW

Loopback acticve on outputs 3 and 4? If not try TotalMix Total Reset, and check the setting of 'DSP EQ for record' in the Settings dialog.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by jwl 2020-05-03 08:36:38)

Loopback acticve on outputs 3 and 4?

Spot on! MC, thank you so much! I indeed used loopback to record audio from an internet stream. I must have tried 3+4 first and then forgotten about it. (I ended up using 7/8.)

Deactivating loopback on 3/4 solved my issue right away.

Thanks very much once more!

jwl

4 (edited by ramses 2020-05-03 10:02:49)

Lets for a moment assume, that you need loopback enabled at HW output AN3/4,
because you need to record this particular output on its corresponding input AN3/4.

If I understood the manual correct then the real input signal at HW input AN 3/4 is not lost.
Its still there and can be routed to another HW output, e.g. AN5/6.

So .. would it theoretically be possible to record the real audio which is connected to AN3/4 by using loopback again:
- routing HW input 3/4 to HW output 5/6
- enablling loopback at HW output 5/6
to finally get the real audio - whats connected to - HW input 3/4 to HW input 5/6 by loopback of AN5/6 OUT ?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Of course. But you would reconnect the inputs to 5/6 instead, to avoid confusing setups....

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Ok many thanks. I only wanted to ensure whether I understood it correctly, as I never used this before.
I found it in the manual by occasion when looking for something else.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13