Topic: UFX II+ to Macbook USB-C, use USB-3 or Thunderbolt converter?

I'm a little confused about how USB-C relates to thunderbolt.  If I connect my UFX II+ to my new MacBook I can either convert from USB-3 => USB-C or go Thunderbolt => USB-C.

Which one would be the preferred option in terms of latency and CPU load?

Re: UFX II+ to Macbook USB-C, use USB-3 or Thunderbolt converter?

Thunderbolt is external PCIe and the driver allows for pitch if you need it.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

What do you mean by pitch?

Does this PCIe advantage still hold when you use a thunderbolt to usb-c converter? Just to be clear, my new macbook has only usb-c ports.

BTW .. which interface you mean ? UFX II or UFX+ ? It is not clear from the subject. Smth like "UFX II+" does not exist.

In terms of Apple and converters best ask somebody who knows Apple better than me.
I only read thunderbolt from your post and thought you know that your Apple has thunderbolt.
Then IMHO all you would need is a Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbol II adapter to connect the UFX+ via Thunderbolt.

Regarding Pitch, see UFX+ manual chapter 7.4.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Thanks. Yes, I meant to say UFX+ smile

I guess I will use a thunderbolt converter then, although I don't have a need for pitch settings.

The only advantage of USB3 might be
- less cost
- up to 5m cable length with Lindy premium cable with 3 shields

I have a 2019 MacBook Pro 16" and UFX+. I use a Thunderbolt 3 cable with the Apple Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 (USB C) adaptor...works perfectly