Re: Digicheck NG for macOS X - preview v0.77 available

Sensorica wrote:

Ideal for me with M, S & LUFS smile

https://sun1-30.userapi.com/H0xg-3S5MUd … yWFRGc.jpg

But "M S" is in this case, momentary and short, not mid side,  right ?

Hi. everyone I'm new to the forum but I am a 20 years old RME user. Amazing work with new DIGICHECK but I've noticed as many users here that you cannot anymore monitor PLAYBACK and OUTPUTS on the MULTICHANNEL LEVEL METER. Is this Fundamental feature being fixed in the next release?  Thanks

Fran Gatti
https://www.facebook.com/OrtoStudioTuscany

"Music is not about gear, is about love...but love for gear is cool shit bro!"

I just finally updated to catalina today, and was surprised that digicheck was no longer functional.

I honestly have no idea how you guys got by without it. I'm just so relieved NG is available for use, even as a preview.  I would be completely lost without a functioning version of digicheck.

Guess I'll do more homework next time. I had no idea the wait for a functioning version of digicheck would take so long, and am just grateful I didn't upgrade until now.

DigiCheckNG seems good so far, once I figured out how to configure my standard 12in level meter.

Thanks for the good work!
Look forward to future updates!

MC wrote:
paulnajar wrote:

A small bug I found when in th 2 instrument horizontal mode with the Multichannel Level meter was the results text disappear.

When the level text disappears then space is insufficient. Reduce the result font size and it will reappear.

Hmm, I did try that - even smaller point size than the default. The problem only happens in a 2 instrument horizontal window. Without changing anything except moving to a 1 instrument window the text reappears without changing anything in the point size.

Haha i did this one if someone is interesting

https://i.imgur.com/boSpoQk.png

Ok, third  try. Did anyone can recommend a workaround for using Digicheck NG on Mac with a ADI 2 DAC?

How to create a digital loopback signal therefore? I tried everything.. also bought a spdif cable and converter to route the output via converter into the spdif input of the ADI 2 DAC but didn't worked out as well.

There must be an option.. Please help

Yamaoka86 wrote:

Ok, third  try. Did anyone can recommend a workaround for using Digicheck NG on Mac with a ADI 2 DAC?

How to create a digital loopback signal therefore? I tried everything.. also bought a spdif cable and converter to route the output via converter into the spdif input of the ADI 2 DAC but didn't worked out as well.

On the page 1 of this same thread.....
https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 89#p154289

ADI-2 DAC (with stock PSU) - Neumann KH 310 A monitors - Cheap USB and XLR cables

@N00b
I didn't find it either... Do you mean your suggestion to monitor SDIF record?That doesn't help :-(
Until now I didn't find a way to monitor outgoging audio...

mruebsamen wrote:

@N00b
I didn't find it either... Do you mean your suggestion to monitor SDIF record?That doesn't help :-(

In TotalMix click the little spanner icon on channel you want to monitor output, click the Loopback.

60 (edited by mruebsamen 2020-05-18 06:32:51)

asimilon wrote:
mruebsamen wrote:

@N00b

In TotalMix click the little spanner icon on channel you want to monitor output, click the Loopback.

ADI 2 pro and DAC don’t support Totalmix.
At least this is what I understood...

61 (edited by ramses 2020-05-18 06:41:04)

mruebsamen wrote:
asimilon wrote:
mruebsamen wrote:

@N00b

ADI 2 pro and DAC don’t support Totalmix.
At least this is what I understood...

Yes absolutely right. If you want TM FX then you need to add a RME recording interface to your setup
and then connect the ADI-2 * via digital I/O port:
- ADI-2 Pro via AES, ADAT/SPDIF
- ADI-2 DAC via ADAT/SPDIF

Once you have a TM FX capable interface you can even add the ARC USB to your setup, to work more comfortably.

I described this in two blog articles:

https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/ind … ort-DE-EN/

https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/ind … our-Setup/

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

that's what I just did. I added the Digiface AVB and saw the first time the metering... it looks really nice :-)
However the Digiface AVB as well as the MADIface pro have no SPDIF out :-(

63 (edited by ramses 2020-05-18 07:31:42)

mruebsamen wrote:

that's what I just did. I added the Digiface AVB and saw the first time the metering... it looks really nice :-)
However the Digiface AVB as well as the MADIface pro have no SPDIF out :-(

For MADI there are a lot of excellent interface alternatives for that... UFX+, HDSPe MADI, HDSPe MADI FX

Even for AVB there are possibilities ...
A) Take a RME AVB capable device that has ADAT and MADI outputs, e.g.: 12Mic or M-1610 Pro

Option 1: connect ADI-2 Pro or DAC to ADAT, route audio from an AVB to ADAT, done.

Option 2: connect a MADI device with AES or ADAT ports to the MADI port of the AVB device (**)

B) If not using 12Mic or M-1610 Pro
Option 3: bridge AVB and MADI with AVB Tool and connect ADI-2 Pro to a MADI device with AES/ADAT ports

(**) Example:
- connect Octamic XTC via MADI to M-1610 Pro or 12Mic
- route audio from AVB to MADI
- on the XTC route audio from MADI to
   - either its ADAT port
   - or to its AES ports (4x)

This is now "out of the gut", but should work from what I read on the forum.

EDIT: appears to me as if the AVB/DANTE network interfaces are not so loaded with options,
this seems to be more applicable on the device level if you connect Mic Preamps / Converters to it.

Or in other words, you would choose an AVB recording interface anyway only if you have AVB components
in the network. And then you need to choose the AVB devices (converters, preamps) wisely to be able to
connect other devices like the ADI...

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Hi Ramses,
thanks for your good advice. We do have quite some RME stuff (Digiface AVB, M32AD/DA pro, ADI2 DAC fs, MADIface pro) but none of them have SPDIF Out. I would like to buy the M-1610, but it's not available yet and even then it won't work because the 1610 wlll be 10 meters away from the DAC (which controls my near field monitors.
I guess I have to stick to my software solution (SPL Hawkeye)
Maybe I can buy an old Digiface... Btw. Do you know if this is bitperfect? (from Mac to Digiface per SPDIF to ADI2 DAC)? Different topic.. Lately I've noticed sometimes that playing the biterfect files (with the correct sample rate settings) leads to 8 bit less recognition of the ADI2...
But I guess this is topic for another thread smile

65 (edited by ramses 2020-05-18 07:33:51)

You do not necessarily need SPDIF out (as you mention this very specific).
You can also take ADAT, because ADI-2 Pro / DAC can work with the 1st two channels of an ADAT audio stream.
And the Pro additionally supports AES.
Sorry running out of time, can't look at your devices now .. maybe later.

Understood the point with ADAT. but this doesn’t help...
Neither the m32AD pro or the m32 DA pro, or the Digiface AVB or the the MADIfave pro has SPDIF or ADAT...
Anyways: I got it... either I buy another Interface or keep using my current software solution

ramses wrote:

You do not necessarily need SPDIF out (as you mention this very specific).
You can also take ADAT, because ADI-2 Pro / DAC can work with the 1st two channels of an ADAT audio stream.
And the Pro additionally supports AES.
Sorry running out of time, can't look at your devices now .. maybe later.

ADI-2 DAC supports AES too (via its coaxial input). smile

ADI-2 DAC (with stock PSU) - Neumann KH 310 A monitors - Cheap USB and XLR cables

Good point, thanks N00b, info is in the manual but not on the product page (on archive server) that I had in my mind.

I would have expected this since SPDIF and AES are 98% the same smile

70 (edited by hselters 2020-05-18 18:05:07)

Liggy wrote:

It seems multichannel + visualizer is the problem. I dont have any other glitches with other.

Those are glitching here, too.
macOS 10.14.6, 15" MacBook Pro, Mid 2014, 2,5GHz i7, Geforce GT750M.
Digiface USB and Fireface 400

I'm using Digicheck NG on a 2nd screen. in my settings both screens go to sleep after about 20 minutes when not active.
Digicheck never stays on the 2nd screen after the screen wakes up. it jumps back to the main screen.

72 (edited by bysbox 2020-05-18 22:41:06)

I normally don't write much in these forums, since My RME ecosystem Just "works."  But the New Digicheck NG is just what I needed.  It allowed me to Retire my analyzers that I have been working around since I switched to Catalina.

I do have 2 requests:

1. Digicheck does not show the AES Inputs for the MADI FX card.  Is it possible to see those inputs?  I am using the Loopback feature in Totalmix FX to work around this, but using the AES inputs would be great.

2. I really miss the statistic features from Totalizer, Particularly the Peak and RMS reading as well as the digital statitics.  This would be a great feature for one of the Instrument Modules, especially if it was in Stereo.  I could use something like that in instrument 4.

Other than that, I think this is a great app.

Thanks!

d_r wrote:

Not working (blank screen) on my Mac Pro 5.1 (2010) running 10.13.6 High Sierra, but i assume this is not a bug and i would need to upgrade the GPU (currently ATI Radeon HD 5770) for Metal Support, right?
https://i.ibb.co/q9WddLc/Bildschirmfoto-2020-05-14-um-13-13-20.png

Same here. OSX High Sierra 13.6. GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 512 MB

And this will not change. Old hardware and old system - use the former DIGICheck.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

And this will not change. Old hardware and old system - use the former DIGICheck.

Hey Matthias ..
any news about my recent problem with spectral analyser?

We compiled a list from the feedback in this thread and are working on the next preview. Please be patient.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

We compiled a list from the feedback in this thread and are working on the next preview. Please be patient.

Thanks ! Looking forward to next preview..

As I mentioned before, I've already tried to loopback the analog signal back to the spdif input via cable and select source-rep spdif.
After that there is no audible sound on line output and no visual signal in Digicheck NG.

Can you describe exactly how this works in detail?

I've spend so much time till now on this topic and there was no workout therefore. Do I really have to buy another RME just to use Digicheck.. bit pain in the.. because the ADI 2 dac is the TOL converter and I need no other inputs. Just the digital loopback for Digicheck NG.

N00b wrote:
Yamaoka86 wrote:

Yamaoka86 wrote:

As I mentioned before, I've already tried to loopback the analog signal back to the spdif input via cable and select source-rep spdif.
After that there is no audible sound on line output and no visual signal in Digicheck NG.

I've spend so much time till now on this topic and there was no workout therefore. Do I really have to buy another RME just to use Digicheck.. bit pain in the.. because the ADI 2 dac is the TOL converter and I need no other inputs. Just the digital loopback for Digicheck NG.

N00b wrote:
Yamaoka86 wrote:

With Digicheck NG, I can't monitor the music I'm playing with standard inputs configuration.

I manage to see things moving on Digicheck by rooting SPDIF into USB (IO -> Source -> Record SPDIF). If the SPDIF source and computer have the same sound rate, you can monitor your SPDIF signal in Digicheck and listening to it in your DAW.

Ok you so don't know a loopback solution for Digicheck NG visual playback inside the box. You use Digicheck for visual input from signals going thru spdif cable inside your RME DAC?

I'm looking for a loopback solution to visualize any activity going out thru Mac OS output. I mean everything, like Logic DAW, Tidal,Spotify etc.

Maybe I'm too dumb but I didn't find any solution. Going nuts..

N00b wrote:
Yamaoka86 wrote:

N00b wrote:

With Digicheck NG, I can't monitor the music I'm playing with standard inputs configuration.

I manage to see things moving on Digicheck by rooting SPDIF into USB (IO -> Source -> Record SPDIF). If the SPDIF source and computer have the same sound rate, you can monitor your SPDIF signal in Digicheck and listening to it in your DAW.

Great! Is there a windows version coming?

There is a Windows version already.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Yamaoka86 wrote:

Afaik you could loopback the digital signal inside your computer. I've tried this yesterday with 3rd party app called "loopback" but didn't worked out well. Inside Digicheck NG I can only select the ADI 2 DAC as an input, loopback is not listed.. it's a bit annoying.

Another Option could be to route the analog line output via another converter back inside the ADI 2 DAC spdif input?

Maybe someone could help us and recommend a workout for digital loopback and DG NG.

Did you try loopback in TotalMix on your main outputs? That's what I did and it worked.

There is no TotalMix in the ADI series.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

85 (edited by ramses 2020-05-24 09:43:25)

Side comment, possible solutions for that by gettings a recording interface with TM FX and to integrate the ADI-2 * into this concept, described in these two blog articles:
https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/ind … ort-DE-EN/
https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/ind … our-Setup/

Hello, also a bug
https://i.ibb.co/RjcxK4f/2020-05-24-15-24-38.png
бесплатно скачать картинки

The picture is very blurred, there is almost nothing to see on it.
JPEG pictures are best saved with 100% quality, so that no details are lost.

And a description would also be useful, what bug you mean ..
Maybe its visible when the picture shows more details, but a written description would also be nice.

88 (edited by cyrano 2020-05-24 10:27:18)

I think shneashn may refer to the sample rate not showing?

Besides, that picture is sharp. You're just using a browser with a funny behaviour. Just click on the picture to open it in a separate browser tab...

Seems to happen with a lot of forum software.

MB Pro - 2 X FireFace 400, FF800 & DigiFace USB
ADAT gear: Korg, Behri, Fostex, Alesis...

Hi!

sample rate is showing and you can change this just tick and use box
"Set actively" and change Sample Rate

Thank you RME for this upgrade/update very cool :-)

regards S-EH

MC wrote:

Where? There is only the Mac preview to download. Is the Windows TMNG in public beta like the mac version?

91 (edited by N00b 2020-05-26 00:03:54)

nlev8 wrote:
Yamaoka86 wrote:

Afaik you could loopback the digital signal inside your computer. I've tried this yesterday with 3rd party app called "loopback" but didn't worked out well. Inside Digicheck NG I can only select the ADI 2 DAC as an input, loopback is not listed.. it's a bit annoying.

Another Option could be to route the analog line output via another converter back inside the ADI 2 DAC spdif input?

Maybe someone could help us and recommend a workout for digital loopback and DG NG.

Did you try loopback in TotalMix on your main outputs? That's what I did and it worked.

Indeed. That's explained on this RME video:
https://youtu.be/Pv63-XEVTZs
But for those who have only an ADI-2 xx(x) -TotalMix not included-, difficult to monitor the outputs with Digicheck. It's due to Mac OS limitations.

m:o wrote:
MC wrote:

Where? There is only the Mac preview to download. Is the Windows TMNG in public beta like the mac version?

Mac OS software need a "NG" version because old Digicheck desn't work on the new Catalina OS. But Windows one is OK smile

Continued here:

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=30796

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME