1 (edited by echoechochoochoo 2020-05-21 23:32:30)

Topic: ADI-2 DAC toggle/toggle mute XLR and RCA outputs in multi-output setup

Hi! I have my ADI-2 DAC setup in a multi-output setup, with device mode - mute line set to OFF.

I'm using the balanced outputs of the ADI-2 DAC to send signal to my active monitors, and the unbalanced outputs to send signal to my tube headphone amplifier (Schiit Vali 2)

Is it possible to setup a button press for toggling between the balanced and unbalanced outputs, or a button press to toggle mute the balanced output?

Currently, whenever I want to use the headphone amp/ headphones, I must turn my monitors off, otherwise sound comes out of everything, and this is frustrating and seems suboptimal, and I'm wondering if there's a better way.

If this isn't the right angle, might there be an alternative approach to setup that is better optimized for such a multi-output use of the ADI-2 DAC?

Warmly,
echo

Re: ADI-2 DAC toggle/toggle mute XLR and RCA outputs in multi-output setup

Hi!!
On the ADI-2DAC, you can toggle between the phones and the lines output, but you can't toggle between the 2 lines output: each one has its own driver, but they work (or are muted) together.

ADI-2 DAC (with stock PSU) - Neumann KH 310 A monitors - Cheap USB and XLR cables

3 (edited by echoechochoochoo 2020-05-22 05:49:11)

Oh!

Is this a hardware limitation, or functionality that might be added in future firmware updates? Or maybe there's a way to add a mute switch in between the balanced output and the monitors input?

Hardware limitation.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

5 (edited by KaiS 2020-05-22 07:05:00)

echoechochoochoo wrote:

Hi! I have my ADI-2 DAC setup in a multi-output setup, with device mode - mute line set to OFF.

I'm using the balanced outputs of the ADI-2 DAC to send signal to my active monitors, and the unbalanced outputs to send signal to my tube headphone amplifier (Schiit Vali 2)

Is it possible to setup a button press for toggling between the balanced and unbalanced outputs, or a button press to toggle mute the balanced output?

Currently, whenever I want to use the headphone amp/ headphones, I must turn my monitors off, otherwise sound comes out of everything, and this is frustrating and seems suboptimal, and I'm wondering if there's a better way.

If this isn't the right angle, might there be an alternative approach to setup that is better optimized for such a multi-output use of the ADI-2 DAC?

Warmly,
echo

Get a switched mains power strip and connect the active monitors to that.
With the push of one button you can now power them down.
Price: 10 bucks.

KaiS wrote:

Get a switched mains power strip and connect the active monitors to that.
With the push of one button you can now power them down.
Price: 10 bucks.

You're a genius <3

Echo...

We're an inventive Lot here.  Powering OFF an active Monitor (or anything else) is proven to be the most effective means of eliminating an undesired behavior of that device.  smile

They call me "Mr. Obvious" for a reason!

Best,

Curt

Vintage 2018 ADI-2 DAC. "Classic AKM4490 Edition"
Cables:  Red, and White Ones.
Speakers:  Yes