Topic: unable to record to USB on UFX

This might all be very stupid, but I cant for the life of me use the DUREC feature on my Fireface UFX.
I'm trying to record input from three external preamps. I have them connected to analog in 1 and 3/4. All three channels are set to record and the main metering display on my UFX's little screen shown signal on all three channels. I have my USB stick formatted to FAT32 and it initializes just fine. When i press myself into the RECORD (meter) menu it's there: three channels set to record, 96khz, looks good. But the little meter at the bottom of THIS screen shows no signal and when i press to record it appears to record nothing. The progress bar moves along but when i go to listen back theres nothing there.

I've tried doing it through totalmix as well but same there. Three track record enabled. All getting signal, usb initialized, but nothing gets recorded when i hit record. Just silence.

I've tried updating my firmware and reinstalling software but that did nothing.

What am i doing wrong?

Re: unable to record to USB on UFX

Just a guess.
Are you 100% sure, that you armed / enabled those channels for recording in TM FX "record view" ?
It can happen that the pulldown menue "record view" is not visible, depends on how many submenues
you opened already like: Groups, Layout Presets, etc.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:

Just a guess.
Are you 100% sure, that you armed / enabled those channels for recording in TM FX "record view" ?
It can happen that the pulldown menue "record view" is not visible, depends on how many submenues
you opened already like: Groups, Layout Presets, etc.

Thank you for the response, and yes, I can see that the tracks are armed in "record view". It's strange sad
Are there other things I need to do? Does the playback of recorded tracks in DUREC somehow output to something else then main output or one of the phones outputs?

Different idea: is that an older UFX? Does Echo  and Reverb work flawlessly?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME