Topic: Fireface UC - Asio driver drops out

Hello, Shuval here,

First thing first, some tech info:

Operation system - win7 sp1
Mainboard - lenovo lancer 5a2
RAM amount - 4g ddr3
Network adapters - Qualcomm Atheros AR956x Wireless Network Adapter / Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Graphic card - intel HD graphics family
Other installed soundcards - Conexant SmartAudio HD
Which audio software (version) shows the problem - Cubase 5.1 (i know i know...)

Now, to the issue! 

In the last 3 weeks, my RME ASIO driver has been dropping out every time my studio Air conditioner compressor is turning on/off, not all the time, but it happens often, and an asio reset doesn't help. sometimes the computer freezes or even crashing to blue screen with this error message:

fireface_usb_64.sys

https://imgur.com/8dfy83b

I've updated my drivers but with no changes, the problem still occurred.  

The problem doesn't seems to happen when i'm using my Babyface Pro, just with the UC.

Please help, thank you,
Shuval Fixler.

Re: Fireface UC - Asio driver drops out

Clearly not an issue of the UC, but of your local electricity setup.... Seems the AC affects the external power supply to the UC. Maybe a small uninterrupted power supply (UPS) will help.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

3 (edited by SHUVAL 2020-06-06 16:16:19)

Re: Fireface UC - Asio driver drops out

Thanks for the answer!

I do have an UPS unit first in my power chain, the problem occurred with or without the UPS, it doesn't effect the system.

Today I've found out that when i switch my electric piano on/off it happens too.

My audio gear seats on a separated 16A breaker and the AC unit on a different 16A breaker.

Is it possible that my UC Ext power supply is faulty? maybe he's backfiring pulses when the current is shifting do to high power consumption?

I've tried a different 12v 2A Ext power supply, but then my UC went crazy, i think the PS was faulty cause he was overheating.