1 (edited by TonyGatsby 2020-06-10 16:47:52)

Topic: Fireface 400 is not working. Need help!!!

Hello!  Need help please!!!
I have fireface 400 connected to macbook pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) via firewire cable. I installed the last driver for firewire ver. 3.39 and flash update ver. 1.71. Mac OS Mojave 10.14.5.
When i choose this soundcard in main settings and after play media file - nothing happens  (no sound). Only in the moment when I change sample rate in Fireface settings i can hear the sound, but seems like the sound seized (looped) in 1 second. Maybe someone knows what is the problem? Help me please! Thank you!

Re: Fireface 400 is not working. Need help!!!

Mind that the FF400 will need external power in this setup - have you got that?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thanks for the answer!
Are you sure that it needs an external power? I tried it with external power and without - same situation ... What can I do?

When you tried the external power supply - did you switch the switch on the back? TB does not provide enough power for full boot/operation.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

yes, i did. But i don't use TB, i use Firewire cable (1394). Maybe i can send it to service center? Where is it possible in Thailand? Any contacts please?

You wrote that you use TB as source, and this limits the available power.

Service is available via KDM in Bangkok, see here:

http://www.kdm.co.th/

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

You are right! My fault sorry. Corrected already. Fireware cable. Thanks for the contacts!