1 (edited by Bluffmunkey 2020-06-08 21:37:42)

Topic: UFX2 not available in W10

UFX isn't showing as an input or output device in Windows sound control panel.

Latest drivers installed and UFX firmware updated. When this didn't work I rolled back to legacy drivers, still didn't work.

New PC build, MSI Tomahawk B450 Max motherboar
AMD Ryzen 3900X
32GB RAM
Fresh install of W10 Pro
All motherboard drivers installed

Have tried all USB sockets.

Total mix is working, host light is ON on the UFX.

Oddly, it IS showing up in device manager under the sound, video and game controllers tab.

Not sure why it's not showing up?!

Re: UFX2 not available in W10

Check the MADIface USB Settings app, you need to hit the "Configure" button in the WDM section and enable any channels you want to see in Windows System Sound panel.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Jeff wrote:

Check the MADIface USB Settings app, you need to hit the "Configure" button in the WDM section and enable any channels you want to see in Windows System Sound panel.

Ah that worked perfectly. This is my 3rd RME interface across 5 computers (Windows and OSX) and I've not had to do that before. Is this a new thing?

Thanks though, was tearing my hair out!

Yes, it's a relatively recent change since some DAW apps are now choking at startup whenever you have too many WDM channels enabled.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Jeff wrote:

Yes, it's a relatively recent change since some DAW apps are now choking at startup whenever you have too many WDM channels enabled.

Ok, well thanks for the swift response. I doubt I would have figured it out myself.