Topic: TCO code display glitch?

Using a new HDSPe Madi card w/ the TCO option.  Just updated the driver to v 2.56 - Mac OSX

When I look at the HDSP settings window, it can't seem to tell the difference between LTC 29.97 & 30 fps incoming code.  Both rates are displayed as 30 fps.  It does however detect drop & non-drop formats. 

Am I missing something?  or does it just round up the number to 30 fps?

thanks,
Michael

Re: TCO code display glitch?

It is not possible to reliably detect the differences of some formats. That's why the Frame Rate has to be set manually. This setting defines the input signal's frame rate, not the output.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks, Matthias. 

One more sync question... now that I have the TCO card, should I use that Word Clock input for sync instead of the one on sister board from the HDSPe? 

You'll be happy to know that on a recent television gig my RME / Logic rig (running as a backup to ProTools) saved the day, as Pro Tools crashed about 5 mins into the show.  Logic kept on going, 48 tracks for about 90 mins no problem.

-Michael

I don't think it makes a difference, but personally I would prefer to use the card's own WC in. The TCO's WC in comes in handy if you have no space in the computer for the expansion board, and don't need MIDI I/O.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

thanks, good information.  I didn't know I was able to run the HDSPe board without the Midi / WC expansion board?  That will save me a slot if needed.

-Michael

As described in the manual...page 7...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME