Topic: HDSP(e) AES multichannel setting does not appear

Greetings,

I am trying to set up HDSP(e) AES PCI card in order to play multichannel(5.1) sound from my Unity Application on Windows 10.

RME's Official User's Guide describes that multichannel output could be set at Windows Control Panel /Sound /Playback /Loudspeaker/Configure, but when I see, it only shows stereo.

In Hammerfall DSP Settings panel, there is a pulldown showing 'stereo' item,  but no multichannel option item there.

I have another RME product, Digiface USB, which could be set to 7.1 multichannel from stereo.
So it is strange that multichannel loudspeaker could not set on HDSP(e) AES.

Do anyone have ideas for setting up HDSP(e) AES to be multichannel speaker device on Windows 10 ?

Best,

ake

Re: HDSP(e) AES multichannel setting does not appear

If you don't have the Multichannel option then your driver is quite outdated (current 4.30).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi,

I installed the latest 4.30 driver, but Multichannel option does not appear.

I had tryied unistalling existing driver and re-install the 4.30 driver, twice.

What exactly means 'does not appear'? Can you provide a screenshot or video of the card's Settings dialog??

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

What I meant "Multichannel does not appear" was "WDM Devices" section of Hammerfall DSP Settings.

Bellow is the same as my HDSP(e) AES's Hammerfall DSP  "WDM Devices" section.

https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=26573

I see 'Stereo' only there. If I Configure multi devices, I guess 'multi-channel' appear at the pulldown list.

I came back from my office where the HDSP(e) AES exists, so I cannot show the dialog what I saw actually.

Best,

ake

Still confusing to me. You have a dropdown list element which says Stereo? And you click on it and you don't see Multichannel below Stereo, but only a white space?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

hi,

I found "Multi-Channel" !

This is the actual screenshot of my computer's Hammerfall DSP settings, clicking on "Stereo".

https://previews.dropbox.com/p/thumb/AA3j_J_33wXZsDEIqpMN8WbYn7JvzANqmZEo5i-jyohhlFw7IZE1SJaRMKxkA1wpfEEbZV9dg4UqmEANLAvL14z9h6eF-EE_Piz0gnvIjXmXTFmFOjoRwnm5GesE1pPsYuVEjilOOLGwl7VF7RtfPxX5q6DxHbuSm6EBhsh5mQuMfu-agQg6XgaKp4xhBO8w4Uc3_cDchLf5gAyA1o5WNyUT850sJ6_8aYEcU9fe7Ql5_b4nRhF8lCNrgHCxQ9VyD10Hc9IK1q8v-Kc80Y2CHR-Hqh7j_gMpy_cvHW-iCULL_2uMeIIyvlQI1P2_No3-XcxOmIJWH4SV1NAmYKe7haJy/p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5

When I click on lower area of small dots at the right of "Stereo", I could set to option Multi-Channel.

My problem has been solved. Thank you for your supporting!

But it was confusing for me...

Best.

That link doesn't work...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Sorry, hear is public link of the image.

http://tronicato.com/transfer/2020-06-18_rme-hdspe-aes_multichannel-not-appear.png

Thanks. Looks like a problem with 150% Zoom setting in Windows...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME