Topic: Can't find drivers after installation

Hi, just wondering if anyone can help me?

I’m going to look at and potentially buy a used UFX II later this week and want to have all up to date drivers installed on my computer so I can check out the device fully. I’m using a windows 10 laptop. I’ve installed the correct drivers several times but after installation nothing appears on my computer. I’ve looked everywhere and there’s no sign whatsoever of any software having been installed on my computer.

Can anyone help me?

2 (edited by MetalHeadKeys 2020-06-22 22:17:44)

Re: Can't find drivers after installation

Hello!

Don't worry! It's standard procedure!

Next step would be to connect the UFX II, so windows can detect it.
After detection and a reboot, you will see two icons on the right of your windows taskbar. One will be for the driver settings and the other for TotalMixFX.

Here's a quote of the manual regarding Driver Installation:

6.1 Hardware and Driver Installation

To simplify installation it is recommended to first install the drivers before the unit is connected to the computer.
But it will also work the other way round.
Insert the RME Driver CD into your CD-ROM drive. The driver installer is located in the directory \MADIface_USB (NOT Fireface_USB)

Start rmeinstaller.exe and follow the instructions of the installer.

After installation connect computer and UFX II using a USB 2 cable. Windows detects the new hardware as Fireface UFX II and installs the drivers automatically.

After a reboot, the icons of TotalMix FX and Settings dialog appear in the notification area.

Driver Updates do not require to remove the existing drivers. Simply install the new driver over the existing one.

Also, here's a link for the UFX II manual:

http://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/fface_ufx2_e.pdf

RME Gear: Digiface USB, HDSP 9632

Re: Can't find drivers after installation

Great. I had a feeling the interface might need to be connected. Thanks for the quick response, very much apreciated.