Topic: Use UFX with USB thumb drive as multi channel playback machine?

Hi all
I'd like to get away from my laptop to mix some recordings by using my RME UFX with USB thumb drive for multi channel playback into an analog mixer.

If I export an Ableton Live song's 4 stereo tracks so they are individual wavs, how can I properly format them so they playback from the USB thumb drive simultaneously through separate outputs from my UFX?

Do I need to compile them into a multi channel wav?

thanks for any advice,
Bill

Re: Use UFX with USB thumb drive as multi channel playback machine?

Probably yes, did you check the manual?

If you cannot make it work or do not want to bother, you could also just record those 4 stereo tracks with DuRec (by routing them on individual hardware outputs which you then can easily playback after realtime recording).

Thank you. I read the manual, but found nothing on dropping tracks onto a USB drive to then play back as multichannel audio with the RME UFX. I also searched the forums and google but didn't find anyone doing this.

Recording it in could work, but that is not what I'm looking for. Thank you for the idea, though.

-Bill

I think Wave Agent from Sound Devices can create the interleaved WAV files you need for DURec. Be aware of the 4GB size limit for FAT32 file system.

https://www.sounddevices.com/product/wa … -software/

https://www.vennaudio.com/interleaving- … ave-agent/

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thank you Jeff ...your suggestion may have answered one of my questions: Do I NEED to create interleaved WAV files to go forward with my approach?

thanks again

This is the file format of a DURec recording ...

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13