Topic: Babyface pro strange behavior after windows update

Hey all,

So after a windows update, apart from it resetting a ton of my logins/user prefs, my Babyface Pro is no longer recognised by my laptop (asus tuf a15 2020) when it is 'awoken from sleep'. For it to recognise I have to shut down unplug, cold boot, log in, re plug, then it takes around 30s then it connects to totalmix. Prior to this it worked flawlessly and instantly on boot from any state. I can see that totalmix and the fireface usb services are still booting with the machine as normal so its not the old bug where they would get removed from startup.

Not sure what the update was but I'm on windows home so I can't roll it back sad

I have re-installed the driver with no difference.

PS I'm a long long time RME user right back nearly 2 decades with my 9632 and then fireface 800. apart from that one manual firewire 800 registry switch this is the only time I've seen an RME perform out of turn (again probably Microsoft's fault) .

Anyone got any insight?
Thanks in advance for your time.

Re: Babyface pro strange behavior after windows update

> Not sure what the update was but I'm on windows home so I can't roll it back
You need to implement a backup of your own.
https://www.macrium.com/products/home

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Re: Babyface pro strange behavior after windows update

30s? Wow. There is something seriously broken with USB, it seems. Is that the dreaded 2004 update?

> Not sure what the update was but I'm on windows home so I can't roll it back

Windows always allows to roll back, no matter which version. You must have the former installation in the folder 'Windows old'.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME