1 (edited by MN-AU 2020-06-27 10:18:44)

Topic: Tray Icons don't work, Babyface Pro FS, Windows

Was very excited about this device until I tried to make it work, since then it's been a software mess. AUD$1,300 for a high-end USB interface and over an hour of messing around with the software, can't even get the software to load.

So I'm in PC Mode, PC sees the device, says "Setting up Babyface Pro" etc. However the tray icons appear but don't do anything when clicked. Why on earth can't this device just provide an APP like everybody else, rather than auto-installing into the tray, yet they don't work. I figured out the buttons on the front, but the next-to-the-lowest green bar on the VU meter is flasshing intermittently....?? All I need to do at this point is to turn on phantom power, but having to read through the manual, it appears that is only available in "stand-alone mode", whatever that is. However no instructions how change the mode to that - is that the same as "CC Mode".

I have never had so much trouble installing a USB Audio interface - it's maddening. So my questions are:

1. Using this with Win 10, Lenovo laptop current version, direct USB cable from computer to the unit.
2. Exactly what steps to take when the tray icons are present, but clicking on them does nothing.
3. How do I turn on phantom power (using a Cloudlifter)?
4. Direct monitoring appears not to be working. How do I turn that on?
5. What is the intermittent green light flashing on the next-to-the-lowest LED In the channel I have the mic plugged into - some sort of level indicator (but flashes even when volume turned down all the way).

Extremely frustrated. Looked on forums, looked in the user manual, no luck. Thanks for any help here on this forum.

Re: Tray Icons don't work, Babyface Pro FS, Windows

Sounds like you installed the wrong driver (MADIface series). You need the USB driver version 1.168.

Is the BF Pro shown in the Device Manager? If so, it's using what driver?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Tray Icons don't work, Babyface Pro FS, Windows

Hi Matthias -

Thanks very much for the quick response. I had downloaded and installed the correct driver, however for some reason when I checked the device mgr as you suggested, it showed some sort of generic USB driver, and that the device could not start. I uninstalled the device, rebooted, and when the system came back up Windows apparently picked up the correct driver I had downloaded, and TotalMix came up on the desktop, and both tray icons now work.

Thanks very much for your assistance -

Best,

Mark Northam
Sydney, Australia