Topic: babyface pro FS mono to stereo issue

Hello again
I am trying to record audio for a video capturing application. Everything goes fine except for the fact that the application has only one option for input (Analog 1+2) and I am using a single mike in input 1.
While recording I set the channel to stereo, width and pan to 0 and so I monitor correctly stereo from daw through loopback and my voice in the middle. But when the recording is over my voice appears only in the left channel.
Is there a way round int?

Dimitris
Ryzen5 3600XT, Nvidia 1650, Win 10, Cubase 11 pro, BBF ProFS, Rode NT1a, CC121, ADA8200

Re: babyface pro FS mono to stereo issue

In the next BF Pro firmware version we plan to add a special mono button in TM FX which brings the input channel 1 to both record channels 1 and 2. That will solve your problem without further workarounds.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: babyface pro FS mono to stereo issue

MC wrote:

In the next BF Pro firmware version we plan to add a special mono button in TM FX which brings the input channel 1 to both record channels 1 and 2. That will solve your problem without further workarounds.

thanks for the answer, we'll be waiting for the update.
but I did find a way around this.

After seeing that the app could accept another input i.e ADAT 3+4, I created another mix there and applied the exact same settings as in AS1+2. And while AS1+2 failed to do what I wanted, the ADAT 3+4 worked fine.

Dimitris
Ryzen5 3600XT, Nvidia 1650, Win 10, Cubase 11 pro, BBF ProFS, Rode NT1a, CC121, ADA8200