Topic: FF 400 troubleshooting

Hello to all!
So i got myself brand new digiface 2 that works just great, I've also got a 2nd ff400.

Now, when I plugged a generic PSU,(12vdc2a)
All leds blinks and seems like the connector is loosen, playing with it lit the LED's in different ways.
So, plugged out the PSU and turn on over FW bus power. No LED at all, no display. PC recognize the ff400 and I can see it in total mix and hear music

Now, is this a problem that can be solved with an original PSU? Should I just return ut to the seller? Has anyone encounter this kind of thing? Will the ff400 work as a converter even when plugged to the FW and clocked to the digiface?

Thanks!

(All my other three converters works fine and the main clock is from my motu 8pre due to lack of sync , only lock when digiface is clocking.)

Re: FF 400 troubleshooting

Can you test another external power supply (9-12V, 2A, AC or DC?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

RME Support wrote:

Can you test another external power supply (9-12V, 2A, AC or DC?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Yes I'll do so.
But what about when bus powered and no display?

I have a FF400 with the exact same symptoms. The internal power regulating circuit has a few bulging caps. It has spent over a decade in a very hot rack case, so that doesn't really amaze me.

In your case, I'd send it back to the seller, unless he offers a great deal, as it isn't completely broken.

MB Pro - 2 X FireFace 400, FF800 & DigiFace USB
ADAT gear: Korg, Behri, Fostex, Alesis...

cyrano wrote:

I have a FF400 with the exact same symptoms. The internal power regulating circuit has a few bulging caps. It has spent over a decade in a very hot rack case, so that doesn't really amaze me.

In your case, I'd send it back to the seller, unless he offers a great deal, as it isn't completely broken.

Yes, i have just scheduled with the seller to un-deal it. My mind was also going to the caps,  after explaining him it can't be damage made by me he agreed to undeal the whole deal smile