Topic: [Solved] RME UCX Macbook Pro 16 2019

Hello Everyone,

I just got a MacBook Pro 16 (2019) with OSX Catalina and having issues connecting my RME fireface UCX. Have a usb - c to Thunderbolt connected to a Thunderbolt to firewire 800 connected to a firewire 800 to 400 cable.

Have also the driver "driver_fw_mac_336" installed.

But not working at all. The lights turn on but it does not seam to be working at all. The driver also seams to maybe not be the correct one. Any ideas ?

Thanks a lot in advance,
d.

Re: [Solved] RME UCX Macbook Pro 16 2019

Sure, that it is NOT in ClassComplient mode?
RTFM ;-)

UFX+, FireFace 802 FS, Digiface USB
12 Mic, M1610 pro, Micstasy
MacBookPro M1
Logic Pro X

Current driver is 3.39.

@cigame: there is no CC mode when using FireWire.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Current driver is 3.39.

@cigame: there is no CC mode when using FireWire.

Thanks! I just installed the new driver and still nothing. When I connect the Fireface UCX it still doens not funtion. The signal lights stay on (flickering) and the clip signal for channel 4 blinks....

Is there a way to unistall all rme software and start over ? Do you have any other advice ?

Thanks in advance.

Helpful info has just been posted yesterday. Read this thread:

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 29#p156829

Also what you describe sounds like you don't use the external power supply. TB does not deliver enough (FW bus) power.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Helpful info has just been posted yesterday. Read this thread:

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 29#p156829

Also what you describe sounds like you don't use the external power supply. TB does not deliver enough (FW bus) power.

Thanks! I was using Firedace UCX without the external power supply before. So i thought the new mac would support it...