1 (edited by ramses 2016-02-13 16:24:29)

Topic: Dim/Mute for Speaker B (TM/UFX/ARC)

Hi

when selecting "Speaker B" in TM, then the "dim" and "mute" function in TM and also of the ARC don't work.

I found out its possible when I link the 2 outputs (Speaker A+B) together.

EDIT: this is very nice so far.

Would it be also possible, as an option, not requiring to link the 2 outputs for ability to dim and mute Speaker B ?

Technically possible ? Something in the pipe from your side for future updates ?

Thanks

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Re: Dim/Mute for Speaker B (TM/UFX/ARC)

I would also strongly prefer this behavior for Speaker B from the ARC.  Linking SPKR A to SPKR B works (as you discovered), but has its limitations.

I'd strongly prefer that the ARC's Volume encoder and "Mute" functionality would control which ever A/B main output you have selected by default without the specific need to link them (and maybe we can hope for a mono Mix-C output as well for a mono Auratone!!!)

It seems this behavior modification is more difficult than we would expect or I believe it would have been implemented by now...

cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8

Re: Dim/Mute for Speaker B (TM/UFX/ARC)

Recently connected second couple of monitors, and also found this unintuitive behaviour of control room section with arc usb and Totalmix FX 1.64:
- mono works with both Main and Main B
- mute works with both Main and Main B
- dim works only for Main, and doesn't work for Main B, which is wrong behaviour in my opinion
I also found that with toggled "link" it works, but most of the time I don't use speakers in linked mode, and still want easy one-button dim for currently active speakers.