1 (edited by cramdrac 2020-08-03 09:26:58)

Topic: Out of Babyface Pro FS into Moog Mother-32 x2 back into Babyface Pro F

What is the best way to do this with TotalMix FX?

XLR outs and then into both Mother-32's EXT audio in's, and then out of both Mother-32's and back into the Babyface in's 3 & 4?

The problem i'm having most is trying to find a proper cable to accomplish this task at first.

Though still unsure because the Mother-32 has 1/8 mini jack and more than likely it's mono, so...I just bought my Babyface and have not memorized the format of XLR in's and outs! And whether or not i would need XLR Male to 1/8 male cables.

And unsure if i need balanced or unbalenced cables to connect the synth.

My idea is to use both Moog Mother-32's "Ladder Filter" and it's lovely 100% analog signal with guitar recordings. Maybe drecord a stereo mix recording.

I have plenty of time to experiment and take advantage of this sort of thing. I want to know the most of my equipment with the help of someone interested in lending a mind smile Over the internet of course!

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Thank you ramses for replying so quickly.
I'm not worried whether the Mother-32 is stereo or not.

I'm hoping these cables will be sufficient.

Out of Mother-32 into Babyface
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail … 10-10-foot

Out of Babyface into Mother-32
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail … male-cable

2 (edited by ramses 2020-08-03 07:59:41)

Re: Out of Babyface Pro FS into Moog Mother-32 x2 back into Babyface Pro F

From the description in the manual its not clear whether the output of the Moog is mono or stereo.
But they say that you can connect phones as well.
So connect phones to check whether you can hear a signal on one or two channels.

If you can hear a signal on both channels then L/R is connected and you can use an y-cable to record it on two channels if you want. But if there are no stereo effects present, then it should be enough to record it mono.

It should be clear that this is no balanced connection with one plug for an instrument cable / phones,
because balanced cabling requires a TRS plug for one channel alone (+,-,Ground).

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13