Topic: Reaching Support

Hi,

What is the best way to reach RME Support?

I have tried sending mail to 'support@rme-audio.de' but have not gotten any response or acknowledgment.

It's only been 5/6 days so maybe it takes a while.

Is that the wrong channel or perhaps my mail is not being received?

Re: Reaching Support

You can alternately contact support from your local distributor. Where are you located?

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

3 (edited by Chi 2020-08-06 20:46:41)

Re: Reaching Support

I'm in Norway but i'd rather reach someone from RME than a distributor in this particular case.

Have I used the wrong email or am I being too impatient tongue ?

Re: Reaching Support

That is the correct address, maybe try sending another mail.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Re: Reaching Support

Jeff wrote:

That is the correct address, maybe try sending another mail.

Alright - i'll try again. Thanks wink

Re: Reaching Support

I’ve sent a couple of emails to support in the past and never received an acknowledgement or reply. If it wasn’t for the evident quality of RME products and the support provided by fellow users on this forum, I’d be hesitant to recommend RME. Sorry RME...just being honest.

Re: Reaching Support

Maddcow wrote:

I’ve sent a couple of emails to support in the past and never received an acknowledgement or reply. If it wasn’t for the evident quality of RME products and the support provided by fellow users on this forum, I’d be hesitant to recommend RME. Sorry RME...just being honest.


Interesting - I'm wondering if it's just that some emails are being mistakenly identified as spam and that's why we don't get a response. The fact that some RME staff are present on a forum like this speaks a lot about their commitment to customers and providing a good service. That is my hope at least smile

Re: Reaching Support

I'm afraid I can't find any mail from the address you're using on this forum in my inbox, and none in the spam folder, either. Did you send it from another address?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

9

Re: Reaching Support

Or try support@rme-audio.com instead.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

10

Re: Reaching Support

RME Support wrote:

I'm afraid I can't find any mail from the address you're using on this forum in my inbox, and none in the spam folder, either. Did you send it from another address?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Hi Daniel - You're correct, the emails are sent from Chi-Mon.NoelLam@Komplett.com - one on the 01.08.2020 and another on 06.08.2020. This is not the same email I have on this forum. wink

11

Re: Reaching Support

MC wrote:

Or try support@rme-audio.com instead.

Good idea - I will forward my mail to this address and see if it makes it through wink Thanks