Topic: digichek rms or peak

curious on how you have this set for those who monitor your input levels.  are you having the "level text" show as RMS or as peak?

Re: digichek rms or peak

RMS with Infinite Hold on and Oversampling on. RMS set to +3dB

I am not an audio engineer. I set this up after reading the info available. My interest is to be alerted if there is clipping. I use the RME FF UFX+ as a DAC, fed by a digital room correction program convolver (Acourate) that has adjustable gain settings in the creation of filters. As the filters lost volume at default settings, I added gain to the filters to return to something like pre-filter levels. So far, it works flawlessly.

ADI-2 pro fs be; UFX+; MADIfaceUSB; Startech active USB3 cable; Sonnet Allegro Pro adapter; Win11x64

Re: digichek rms or peak

THanks for teh feedback, I will give those settings a try.  I ended up putting up a 3rd monitor above my other two and on that one lives my cubase channel edit, the totalmix and then various DIGICHECK windows.

There is a COMMON practice that analog signals going in (voice, acoustic, DI, etc) should all be in the -12 to -18dbfs but that is in RMS and not PEAK.

I am liking the VECTOR AUDIO SCOPE tool a lot with RMS on right and PEAK next to it and just now figured out what the SCOPE does when usign two mics!!  it helps to balance out the signal!!!!!!