Topic: Midi Signal to trigger Mute Group?

Hi there,

is there a way to turn a mute group on and off via MIDI? So far I can only control global mute and the individual track mute functions. I know there's a workaround via snapshots, but it would be great to have a MIDI signal for the four mute groups. Did I overlook anythin in the manual?

Any hints greatly appreciated.

Re: Midi Signal to trigger Mute Group?

Hi there,

still looking for hints to this topic. Is there a way to trigger groups via MIDI? And if not, can I start a feature request to implement this in a future update of TotalMix?

That would indeed be a highly desirable feature! Any updates on this?

Was just wondering about this myself.  Would be great t be able to setup a mute group to mute talent mics when hitting Play (and sending a command via IAC bus) in ProTools for example.

----------------
Matt McKenzie-Smith (UFXII, UFX, Babyface) MacStudioUltra OS13.2.1
----------------

Ditto here. Another vote for this feature (or set of features).

Clint Goss wrote:

Ditto here. Another vote for this feature (or set of features).

This is exactly what you're after.
I've been using this for many months now and it's fantastic!!

https://www.felixrost.de

Felix, the author off the software is a member of the RME Forum.

----------------
----------------

mattrixx wrote:

Interesting, but not really what I need. I need a programmatic way (via MIDI, preferably) rather than a GUI. I've had to burn another ADAT channel (and another 6msec of latency) just to accomplish a Mute function.

The topic of insufficient MIDI implementation I think is a long-standing issue with TotalMix. It's been reported that it centers on non-disclosure agreements entered by RME with Mackie. This issue in general is a sad blotch on the face of an otherwise outstanding application (and is causing me actual heartburn ... break out the Nexium).

Clint Goss wrote:
mattrixx wrote:

Interesting, but not really what I need. I need a programmatic way (via MIDI, preferably) rather than a GUI. I've had to burn another ADAT channel (and another 6msec of latency) just to accomplish a Mute function.

The topic of insufficient MIDI implementation I think is a long-standing issue with TotalMix. It's been reported that it centers on non-disclosure agreements entered by RME with Mackie. This issue in general is a sad blotch on the face of an otherwise outstanding application (and is causing me actual heartburn ... break out the Nexium).

I don’t think you read about it properly.  It does automatic mute group (amongst other things) toggling, triggered via your DAW transport.  Without latency, using OSC

----------------
----------------

I'm on PC. No Apple in sight ...

Ah, righto.. sorry, wasn't aware.

----------------
----------------

Indeed midi controlling group mutes en solo would be verry nice, cant be that hard rme?