Topic: TotalMix FX (Mac) no longer autostarting when UFX+ connected?

Hi all
I'm not sure if I've changed a setting or if a software update has changed something, but I really thought that TotalMix FX used to autostart on my Mac when my UFX+ was connected or turned on....but now I have to start TMFX manually.

Does anyone know if there's a TMFX autostart setting for when a device is connected (and where to find the setting) or am I mistaken about this?

Cheers
Gary

Re: TotalMix FX (Mac) no longer autostarting when UFX+ connected?

What's the driver installed here? What changes did you make? Did you try to reinstall?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

I'm running whatever the very latest Thunderbolt driver is...the website says driver_tb_mac_112.zip.  TotalMix FX version is v1.64. I have no idea what deliberate changes - if any - I made but I'm running two separate partitions on my Mac (same drivers installed on each) and definitely didn't make the same changes on both. The only major thing I remember doing is installing the latest firmware: release 2020-05-08.

I haven't tried reinstalling anything yet because I don't know if what I'm experiencing is normal or not.  When I connect/turn on the UFX+, the RME Thunderbolt Settings app starts but TotalMix needs to be manually started; I was fairly sure that TMFX used to start automatically like the RME Thunderbolt Settings app. 

Based on your question, I assume TMFX is supposed to auto start?

TM FX is started by a LauchAgent automatically when the unit is found in the system.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Ok, great to know.  What steps do you suggest to restore this functionality?  Reinstalling the driver?  Or is there a setting somewhere?

Just re-install the driver. There is no user acessible setting for LaunchAgents.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks MC....reinstalling the driver fixed the problem.