1 (edited by koontz70 2020-08-29 05:51:34)

Topic: ADI-2 FS together with Fireface 802 via ADAT...as extra headphone amp

Hi,

I'm trying to connect a ADI-2 FS together with a Fireface 802 via ADAT cables. I cannot seem to get any of the signal to route to the ADI-2 FS's headphone jack. I am getting signal to my XLR/TRS outputs, and thusly, monitors...just not to the ADI-2 FS headphone jack.

Perhaps I have a bad setting in TotalMix? I am able to get headphone signal out of the FF802's 9/10 (Phones 1) & 11/12 (Phones 2) jacks with no issue. Wondering what I need to do to get a duplicate of the signal into the ADI-2 FS's jack to give me a total of 3 headphone jacks - I don't care about different headphone mixes....I just want to have 3 jacks with headphone capabilities and no wiring workarounds.

I was trying to use the Assign button in TotalMix to create/route to the mentioned Phones 3 option, but that seems to want to override my 'Mains' selection whenever I select 'ADAT 9/10', which is what the ADI-2 FS is coming in on....I should mention that I have another ADAT interface piggybacking into ADAT 1 IN on the FF802 to give me another 8 inputs....therefore ADAT 2 out of my FF802 goes into ADAT IN on the ADI-2 FS....and ADAT OUT on the ADI-2 FS goes back to the FF802's ADAT 2 IN.

Would love to know how to better utilize this piece?

Re: ADI-2 FS together with Fireface 802 via ADAT...as extra headphone amp

If your Main Out changes when you assign something for Phones 3 then your Main Out was on that exact setting. Main on Analog 1/2 and Phones 3 on ADAT 9/10 is zero problem.

To add another identical Phones output right mouse click on Phones 1, select 'Copy/Mirror Output Phones 1'. Then select Phones 3, right mouse click and 'Mirror of Output Phones 1'. I regard this as self-explanatory, but it's also detailed in the manual.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by koontz70 2020-08-30 22:28:32)

OK, so that's all good now with the Phones 3 set-up using ADAT 9/10 as the input.

Please note that if the above mention of my ADAT 9/10 seems odd, my ADAT 1 output is hosting an 8 input ADAT interface (I'm thinking that this 8 input interface is considered ADAT 1-8, but I may be very wrong on that. I have my ADI-2 FS's ADAT Out jack interconnected with my FF802's ADAT In, and thusly the ADI-2 FS's ADAT In slot is interconnected to the FF802's ADAT Out, yet I get no signal out of my nearfield monitors, which are plugged into the ADI-2 FS's analog outputs.

On a more elementary level, with a set-up like this, which would be my main clock to sync to....Internal, ADAT 1, ADAT 2?

Any other suggestions?

Always use the main interface as clock master. That makes changing the sample rate via the computer much easier.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME