1 (edited by blinky 2020-09-02 02:16:09)

Topic: Installation of 2 RME units

Hi all,

I've installed the drivers and flash etc for the RME Babyface Pro on my Windows laptop and have run it fine for a year overseas. Now I'm home and I want to use my RME Fireface UFX II on the same laptop.

Do I need to freshly install the drivers for the Fireface II?

Or will the existing drivers/ Totalmix and USB settings recognise the Fireface II anyway?

Thanks

smile

EDIT: According to an older thread I had here, the instructions were to simply install the Fireface II drivers with the babyface drivers  already there.

I did this but the laptop doesn't recognise the Fireface II. It is listed in the driver manager...and I can open Totalmix...but I can not open the "Fireface USB Settings" icon. When I click on it nothing happens. The Realtec drivers/ sound is in effect. The laptop doesn't switch to the RME, though it is plugged in via USB.  I have restarted the laptop too, with no success.

EDIT 2: Ok it's fine now. This is what I had to do: The "Fireface USB Settings" was the wrong icon to click on...it was leading to the Babyface install. What I needed to click on was the "MADIface Series Settings" icon...which is an identical looking icon to the "Fireface USB Settings" icon but that which refers to the Fireface UFX II. However, the MADIface icon was not displayed on the taskbar. It was in the 'hidden icons' menu. So once I hid the Babyface settings icon and correctly clicked on the Fireface UFX II settings icon I was in business. All I had to do was check the WDM Devices icon and highlight them all. And all good.

Sorry for the big round about post. Hope it makes sense to anyone running into this kind of technicality.

Cheers!

Fireface UFX II, Babyface Pro, Windows 10, Studio One 5

Re: Installation of 2 RME units

The interfaces use two different ASIO drivers, in a DAW you can use only one ASIO driver.
Thus one interface needs to run in standalone mode with a fixed routing.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Re: Installation of 2 RME units

Thanks. I only intend to run one device at a time. My question was just about the installation of the Fireface UFX II when I already had an installation of the Babyface Pro on the same laptop.

Fireface UFX II, Babyface Pro, Windows 10, Studio One 5