Topic: ADAT Sync Problems

Hello everyone,

I am recently having trouble with the ADAT connection to my secondary Interface (Multiface HDSPE).

I am using a Fireface 800 as Main Interface, another Fireface 800 over ADAT 1 and the Multiface over ADAT 2.

It all worked perfect until a few days ago I didnt get any signal from and to the Multiface.

In my FF800 Settings it says ADAT 1 Sync and ADAT 2 Sync
In my Multiface HDSPE Settings it says ADAT in: Sync, but ADAT SYNC: No Lock, although the LED for ADAT is green.

I already tried the following (which didnt make a change):
-Connected the Multiface to a laptop and disconected the I/O Bus to see if there would be signal to transfer to the main interface. Signal is going to the interface but if the laptop is disconnected and there is no host it doesnt connect over ADAT (just green LED on ADAT Sync and Red LED for missing Host (don't know itf this was normal when only connected via ADAT)
-Switched ADAT Cables and changed From ADAT 2 to ADAT 1 on my main Interface (FF800), Still no Sync.

Any Ideas what could be wrong?

Best regards,
Gabriel

Re: ADAT Sync Problems

Some confusion: you don't use ADAT Sync. Check the manual what it means (D-Sub connection on the back). You only use ADAT optical I/O.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Good to know, thank you, but then I can't even say what the problem could be. Both Interfaces (FF800 & Multiface) show Adat in: Sync (Multiface) And ADAT Sync (FF800), so they should be connected, but why is there no signal over ADAT but when in Hosted mode I can see signal on the Multiface? Any Ideas?

I just found out, that when I unplug the power supply on my multiface and then disconnect the host, then reconnect the power supply, the ADAT LED doestn light up. It only starts to light up if I reconnect the host...

The Multiface does not operate stand-alone. Only within the limits mentioned in the manual (constant power supply keeps the current state for Disconnect mode).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME