Topic: babyface not responding

I have upgraded to Catalina and since then I get no response from my babyface. I have this same behavior on two computers, both of which run my fireface UC fine.

Totalmix and USB settings apps don't auto launch. The only indication I have that it's there is that it shows up in the Audio Midi Setup list. I have tried switching class compliant back and forth and when it's class compliant it doesn't show up in the list, so I'm sure I have that setting right. I have also tried the system settings security page that blocks software from installing. Every time I re install the driver it is never named there anyway, as it sometimes can be. I believe the UC uses the same driver anyway, so I think everything is right there.

I have tried the flash update app, but can't get it to launch at all(when the babyface is plugged in, that is. If UC is plugged it launches fine.). I have tried multiple usb cables, different usb ports. when I connect it the lights flash on the unit, so I don't think it's an issue with the cables.

Not sure what to try next, any input is appreciated!

Re: babyface not responding

That sounds more like the BF is defective. Final proof would be to connect it to a Windows computer.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME