Topic: Mono world

Hi,
This is probably a silly queston but what is the best way to run out of the Fireface UFX to a mono (Auratone) moitor as my 2nd listening reference?
out of 3+4 with split cable?

Quick follow-up question:
I would also like to switch my stereo speakers to mono, turn one speaker off and monitor in true mono on just one but when I hit the “mono” button in Total Mix and seperate output 1+2 into 2 mono sides, then try to mute one side I still get sound coming from the muted side (a bit lower). I also tried to turn down that fader but no difference. There is still sound coming from that speaker.
Does anyone know how to  switch my stereo speakers to mono, turn one speaker off and monitor in true mono on just one?

Thanks

Re: Mono world

Have you tried switching to mono and then moving the panorama control all the way to one side? There should be no "leakage", really....

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

I have my main out as AN 1/2 in the control room.  The A button on my BFP is set to toggle mono.  I only have one XLR going out of the BFP hardware output and into my Mixcube.  The B button is set to switch to Speaker B in the control room which is AS 1/2 and sent to my old MOTU Ultralite via S/PDIF which goes to my stereo Yamaha speakers.

Basically, instead of having my stereo speakers as the default output - 'Main' in TMFX speak - I have the mixcube.  You might be able to do it either way.

Thanks Guys.