Topic: fireface 400 firewire (TB to firewire problem Mac book pro mi 2015)

Hello
I have a Fireface 400 firewire which has been working fine on my mac pro for a few years.
Recently I bought a Mac book pro mid 2015 osx 10.10.6 with thunderbolt input, I bought the appropriate adapter from apple (thunderbolt to firewire). After installing the last driver (driver_fw_mac_339) when I plug in the card, it is still not recognized, even with the power supply it keeps blinking!
When trying to install the latest firmware (Fireface Flash Update 171 277) an error message appears (no fireface driver or device installed)
I have tried several times to install the same driver but still the same problem.
I can't find a solution ...
Could you help me please?

Thank you

Re: fireface 400 firewire (TB to firewire problem Mac book pro mi 2015)

Did you change the rear panel switch to EXT? Any other adapters involved here, or do you have a cable with FW800 on one side and FW400 on the other side? Are you seeing the Fireface Settings and TotalMix apps in the Applications folder?

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Hi
thank you for your reply!!!

Did you change the rear panel switch to EXT?
Yes I did

Any other adapters involved here, or do you have a cable with FW800 on one side and FW400 on the other side?

yes I have an adapter that starts from my sound card in FW400 and goes to FW800 and to fit into my mac book pro mid 2015 (osx 10.10.), I have an FW 800 to thunderbolt

Are you seeing the Fireface Settings and TotalMix apps in the Applications folder?

yes the 2 are there
and I still have this error message ..

rimlaurens wrote:

Hi
thank you for your reply!!!

Did you change the rear panel switch to EXT?
Yes I did

Any other adapters involved here, or do you have a cable with FW800 on one side and FW400 on the other side?

yes I have an adapter that starts from my sound card in FW400 and goes to FW800 and to fit into my mac book pro mid 2015 (osx 10.10.), I have an FW 800 to thunderbolt

Are you seeing the Fireface Settings and TotalMix apps in the Applications folder?

yes the 2 are there

OK, so I have the same kind of combination. I can even see the meters going in Totalmix,
...but no sound. :(

Could you solve the problem? Anything I forgot?

thx, Christian