Topic: PCIe Power Consumption RAYDAT?

Hi,
as there's really no other solution and my trusty raydat is working as good as on day one, i think about putting it into a thunderbolt 3 chassis by sonnet, the Echo Express SE I.
This chassis has a fan - but only for the PCIe card. I asked Sonnet if it's ok to disable it and they told me, if it's under 5W 'it's probably ok'. Does anybody know how much the Maincard, the daughtercard and the TCO card consume? thanks!

DigifaceUSB/BabyfacePRO/MacMini M2Pro 12-core 32GB/Ventura/Logic/Reaper

Re: PCIe Power Consumption RAYDAT?

It definitely is ok, I use it without fan as the RayDAT (all our cards) is a low power device. That fan is for graphics cards monsters, so to say.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

It definitely is ok, I use it without fan as the RayDAT (all oour cards) is a low power device. That fan is for graphics cards monsters, so to say.

Thanks MC, but this chassis has an external PSU and the cooling system is, according to the friendly Sonnet support, 'designed for a card of up to 25W' - so this is no eGPU chassis. But your cards seem to run cool, even above the Radeon580 in my Mac Pro, so I also don't think there will any problems with unplugging the fan in the Sonnet.

Yep, a graphics monster in the SE 1 doesn't even fit in. And we are below 5 Watts.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Matthias, thanks a lot!