1 (edited by nexzia 2020-09-04 03:07:00)

Topic: RME ADI-2 DAC Buzzing with Dark Mode enabled

I've noticed that my unit gives off a feint buzz when the Dark Mode setting is enabled AND my computer is powered on. However, when the PC is off, the sound disappears completely. Disabling Dark Mode also immediately culls the sounds too.  And by sound, I mean that it's coming from the unit itself, not through my headphones. Anyone else have a similar issue?

Re: RME ADI-2 DAC Buzzing with Dark Mode enabled

Strange buzz, no my unit is dead silent with dark mode active.

Warning, English is not my natural language.

Can you try a different computer or USB cable?

Regards,
Audio AG Support

Or what happens if you connect your Phone to the USB, and not the Computer

Adi-2 Pro, Adi-2 Dac Fs

5 (edited by nexzia 2020-09-22 03:34:36)

Apologies for the belated reply - and a thanks to all who replied. Alternating between USB ports/cables/devices/computers yields no differing results with regards to the buzzing. However, unplugging the USB cord completely culls the sounds. I also wish to make an amendment to my original statement where I mentioned the device makes no noise when the PC is off; it does - however, it is even more feint, where one has to essentially rest their head against the unit to pick up on it.

Furthermore, I've been turning my device off at night via the power toggle on the unit because of the incessant sound of the buzz. Is cycling power like this daily going to negatively affect the lifespan of the device?

And fwiw, the unit has been wonderful in every regard despite this buzz. The parametric EQ has complimented my 800S beautifully.

You might want to return/exchange the unit. There is no known reason for a 'buzzing' from inside the unit, nor did we ever experience this ourselves.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME