Topic: Totalmix set to 200% runs off the screen - cannot go back to 100%

I have set the size of totalmix to 200%. Now the header is not visible any more, so there is no way get to them menu and set it back to 100%. What can I do now? This is quite ridiculous but I didn't find a solution yet...

Apple 16" MacBook Pro M1Max 10Core 32GB RAM; RME fireface 800; Behringer ADA8200; Line6 Helix)

Re: Totalmix set to 200% runs off the screen - cannot go back to 100%

Use Windows key plus arrow left and right to recenter the app.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Should I press the windows key + arrow left + arrow right key simultanously? Nothing happens.
It is possible to minimize the window with windows key + arrow down, but this doesn't solve the problem.

Apple 16" MacBook Pro M1Max 10Core 32GB RAM; RME fireface 800; Behringer ADA8200; Line6 Helix)

You can delete the file last.yourinterface.xml in C:\Users\username\AppDSata\Local\TotalNMix FX. It includes the position information. Or set the display size in Windows to a bigger value. Or change the Zoom value. Or activate snap on edges for windows. Or...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Deleting the last.yourinterface.xml worked, I can use totalmix again, nice. You didn't mention that the snapshots are deleted, too, but I could take an older last.yourinterface.xml from a backup.

By the way - when I quit totalmix, is there a trick to open it again without restarting the computer? When totalmix has been closed, it is not in the task bar / system tray any more. When I search for totalmix in the start menu there is no result, and I don't see it in program files or programs (x86).

It's in the Windows/System32 folder. Anyway, you should not quit TotalMix. Just click the X on the window and it will minimize to the system tray.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

that's right, usually there is need to quit totalmix. But in this case with deleting the " last.yourinterface.xml" to set it to default, minimizing the app would not help, would it? I think you have to restart the computer or quit totalmix and open it again to see the result.

Correct, in this particular case you either have to quit and restart the app or reboot the PC.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Alt+W, 1, Return will change back to 100 or 135%.
Alternatively, you could try to access the View Options and switch to 2-Row-Mode.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Interesting, is this shortcut specific to totalmix, or is it a Windows feature? usually the shortcuts are shown in the menu, like function - mixer view - M.
In my case alt+w ist used for making screenshots with the pickpic software, but this is certainly not REM's fault... ;-)

That's a standard Windows functionality to access menus without mouse...
I'm curious how you even managed to push the menu bar over the edge, I can't really reproduce this here. What's the driver/mixer version and what's the screen resolution?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

- Hold Shift while right-clicking TMFX in the Taskbar, this will open the old Windows right-click menu.

- Select "Move".

- Move the mouse-pointer to the upper center of your desktop.

- Hit any of the cursor keys (up/down/left/right) and *afterwards* move the mouse.

The window title bar will jump to your mouse-pointer position and can then be moved around.

I was looking for that and didn't find it anymore. Thanks smile

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Alternatively hit ALT-Space and then M while the TMFX window is active.