Topic: HDSPe AIO Pro JRiver ASIO Line-in

I have a new rme HDSPe AIO Pro with MC27. (Final goal is to replace my Devialet & B&W 804S through active speakers connected via AES to the rme card)

I want to achieve the following:

2 zones:
B&W 804S (speakers)
LCD-2 (headphones)

In the MC Audio Device Setup I have set ASIO Hammerfall DSP.

I want to have the following routings:
1. Media Renderer with rme HDSPe AIO Pro->AES->Devialet->B&W 804S
2. Media Renderer with rme HDSPe AIO Pro->LCD-2
3. TV->optical>Media Renderer with rme HDSPe AIO Pro->AES->Devialet->B&W 804S
4. TV->optical>Media Renderer with rme HDSPe AIO Pro->LCD-2

1. +2. works
3.+4. I can see the input signal from the TV in Total Mix and hear sound but the audio signal is directly routed from spdif input to AES out and not through MC.

In MC I have configured ASIO Line-In:
(Device = ASIO Hammerfall DSP, channels = 2, Channel Offset = 8)

Any Idea how to get it working?
Thank you very much for your help!

Re: HDSPe AIO Pro JRiver ASIO Line-in

Hi Manfred,

(Almost) Completely off topic - but, can you share your thoughts and experience with the AIO Pro? latency, stability etc?

Thanks

Re: HDSPe AIO Pro JRiver ASIO Line-in

I have the card in "production" in my Hifi environment since 2 weeks. The AES output replaces a "SOtM USB card + Paul Hynes Power Supply+ Transparent Performance USB Audio Cable".

From a SQ PoV the rme card is better with AES compared to the USB solution - better bass and the USB card is filtering something out which makes it to my ears less musical. I called it the fun is back with the AES output. Devialet also claims that the AES input is the best.

Stability is 100% for the AES output. I have bought only a cheap Pro Snake 1.5m cable.

Latency: In MC I have set Buffering to 50 ms. In the Settings Dialog of the rme card I could set Buffer Size from 64 to 1024 without a problem using the ASIO drivers. I have not tried to set latency in MC to 25ms. My CPU is an i3-6100 3.7GHz, 8GB RAM. CPU utilization during pure audio playback, even with DSD->PCM conversion on the fly, is always below 10% and most of the time below 3%.

Problem ist  the ASIO Line-In config in MC or the routing. Currenly I don't know.