Topic: Midi Out Led always blinking up when I open Totalmix

Hello, Im owner of RME FIREFACE 802, working with Mac OS Catilina 10.15.6 last update.
All is good working with both Pro Tools 2020.09 and Logic Pro X, but I noticed since some days that the MIDI OUT LED is always blinking as soon as I start my OS and Total Mix, even if no sound is going IN or OUT from my system.
Is that correct and why is that just happening now and never before?
Any suggestions shall be appreciated, thanks a lot in advance, regards, Beppe (Rome) Italy

Re: Midi Out Led always blinking up when I open Totalmix

Have you got MIDI Control enabled in Totalmix?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

I did try to enable it and then disable, but nothing changed, Any time that I do open Total Mix, the Led starts blinking even if none of Pro Toos or Logic is launched. It just stop blinking if I go out of Total Mix again.

I deleted all preferences in TotalMix again and made a total recall, but without any results. Anyone there could give me a tip for it?. Thanks regards, this is really strange to me. Thanks in advance, regards,

The output blinking starts when you enable MIDI Control and have both MIDI input and output activated in Settings - MIDI. That would be the Mackie protocol communication. But you claim this also happens with MIDI Control disabled, so there must be some other app sending MIDI stuff out of the port.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks so much for the tip, it was useful, Actually I checked it and disabled the Mackie preferences, so now all is ok. Regards and thanks again @MC

7 (edited by AndyTV 2020-10-12 07:45:25)

(mac - OS 10.14.6 - Mojave)

I've had this with my 802. It recently cropped up (several hours) after an Audio MIDI setup cleanup. I had also tinkered with the total-mix so I checked settings there - no fix!

The answer? In Audio MIDI setup - make a new configuration (i.e. duplicate with the existing devices) and then switch to that - blinking stops!
Switch back to the original configuration and it's still ok.

I'm guessing the pulse is only on channel one as it only affects the module on that channel.