Topic: Fireface 800 MIDI problem

Hi
I have just bought new macbook Pro with latest Logic Pro X, but I can't seem to get MIDI to register in the DAW.
The Fireface 800 is registering midi with the flashing green light, I have an external keyboard plugged into the midi port.
I am using an OWC thunderbolt hub which has Firewire 800 on it.  So the firewire cable is plugged from fireface into this and then connect via thunderbolt cable to the Mac.

I have the latest firmware for fireface installed and the fireface is showing in the midi control panel in logic although doesn't respond when I click test midi.  (My Icon surface which is connected via one of the other thunderbolt ports on the macbook does register)
So ...am I missing something here or is the Fireface 800 just a bit too old to work with this latest Mac, or could it be the OWC causing a problem?
Many thanks for your help.

Re: Fireface 800 MIDI problem

Have you checked the manual chapter on MIDI not working? Also, does this work with other DAW software?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Re: Fireface 800 MIDI problem

Hi Daniel
I have just tonight checked the manual, deleted the midi driver and reinstalled and it all works now. Fantastic, thanks for making me go back and try again.
Regards
Steve