Topic: Brand new owner, remote not working

Hi All,

Just received my ADI-2 DAC today. Its brilliant. Problem is I can't get the remote to register with the unit. Any key press will illuminate the remote's Green LED but nothing happens on the DAC. I watched Youtube Videos that show how the remote works.
I can see where the IR receiver is. I also updated to the latest firmware. I pulled the battery from the remote just incase. I also switched the remote mode to ADI-2 Pro FS R and back just to make sure.

Page 18 of the manual says it works remotely with

I also tried resetting to Factory state, no sure if it worked. I pulled the USB plug when resetting.

What am I missing here.

Thanks!

2 (edited by KaiS 2020-09-28 11:31:41)

Re: Brand new owner, remote not working

You can at least test the remote:
• Go to a dark room.
• Point the remote to a digital camera, e.g. from a phone.
• When pressing a key you should see the IR diode shine some light.

• To counter-check you can test any other known working remote the same way to make sure your camera can catch IR light.

Hi KaiS,

Thanks for the advice. Looks like the remote IR blaster is not working on the ADI-2 DAC remote. I do not see any activity other than the Green LED flashing.

My phone does pick up the IR blaster on other remotes in my house very clearly.

Thanks again.

Quick update. Borrowed a Logitech Harmony and was able to control the ADI-2 DAC so definitely an issue with the native remote control. Got in contact with customer service and they are sending a new remote control.

I just took possession of a brand new ADI-2 DAC FS. My remote worked for a couple minutes but no longer.

It does not appear to be sending an IR signal (did the camera trick as advised above).

I've raised a ticket with RME.

Trying a new battery might be a quicker solution, if that is the cause.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

The remote still shows a green LED when pressing buttons. I don’t believe it’s the battery.

adseligman wrote:

Quick update. Borrowed a Logitech Harmony and was able to control the ADI-2 DAC so definitely an issue with the native remote control. Got in contact with customer service and they are sending a new remote control.

Who did you speak with at support? RME told me to contact the retailer, which is likely going to involve shipping back at my expense.

Contact your local RME distributor for help. In the US that is Synthax, in Canada that is Erikson Audio, etc.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Jeff wrote:

Contact your local RME distributor for help. In the US that is Synthax, in Canada that is Erikson Audio, etc.

Thx. Emailed Erickson.