Topic: Please Help me

Can someone please tell me, what is the difference between the RME fireface uc and RME Babyface pro fs? They are similar in price but i dont understand?

Which one sounds the most professional? Do they have different functions?

Im wanting to buy one, for home recording, i just want the most professional and most quiet sound.

Please simplify your answer as im a Musician not a tech head, cheers smile

Appreciate your help guys, thanks smile

Re: Please Help me

It depends mostly on your demand, what type of analog and digital channels you require and what type of connection you need or prefer towards your computer.

For an overview, look at the excel in my blog article. It contains all FW/USB/TB recording interfaces (not the PCI/PCIe cards).
https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/ind … B-MADIfac/

Babyface Pro FS has got a face lift last recently.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Thanks Ramses but to be honest all that stuff is far too complex for me. I just want a Usb recording interface with exceptional Sound quality for my recordings. My budget is 600-700.
Two xlr ports will be fine. Do you think i should get the Babyface pro? Thanks

Babyface Pro FS, the UC is more expensive.
Check whether it has all ports that you need.
Number of microphone inputs, number of analog inputs and outputs.

If you do not know for what you need it, who else ... wink

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

5 (edited by hardyroede 2020-10-14 11:44:08)

I like the Babyface ergonomics very much - nice desktop case, nice big encoder, sufficient display. What I sometimes miss are more inputs / outputs - the Babyface has only 4 of each, the ~ 120€ extra for the Fireface UC buys you 4 more In / Outputs.

But the Babyface Pro FS has been recently updated, as ramses has said, with an even more stable clock and several more nice details, so it is definitely the most up-to-date ot the two.

Sound: Mic preamps and AD / DA conversion are on the same high standard in both devices, highly sufficient for all uses. You should not be able to tell a difference, even if there will be some data points where the more recent Babyface scores a tad better.

MADIface(s) Pro, UFX+, MADI Router
Mac mini Intel, iPad Air 2020
ProTools, Hindenburg

Thanks so much Guys and thanks hardyroede this totally answers my Question perfectly, i'le buy the babyface as it's more practical for me but thanks to you both for taking the time out to answer my question. Have a SUPER Week smile