Topic: For the RME veterans

Hello,

I am a long time RME converters user, I have 2 RME Adi 8 DS (one greyface and one bluface with the handles) and 1 RME Adi 8 Pro (greyface). They all work fine since at least 15 years, I am now using them with a Digiface Usb interface, no problem never, everything fine.

From time to time I wonder about upgrades, if I am missing something and newer RME machines have a much better sound beyond the new connectivities (MADI, Dante etc.), I use Adat at 44.1 or 48 Khz, don't need other formats.

Is there any long time user that made RME upgrades and noticed a significantly better sound?
Also is considerable recapping or doing some maintenance of this machines after this years?

Re: For the RME veterans

Significant sure not. Measurable yes, audible probably not in a blind test. If you have money to burn you could get one of the new adi2's and hear for yourself. I believe you have a free port on your digiface?

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
Babyface pro fs, HDSP9652+ADI-8AE, HDSP9632

Re: For the RME veterans

vinark wrote:

Significant sure not. Measurable yes, audible probably not in a blind test. If you have money to burn you could get one of the new adi2's and hear for yourself. I believe you have a free port on your digiface?

Hi,

Thanks for the answer, you did some upgrades to newer converters?

I don't have a spare adat in the Digiface because the fourth slot has an RME Octamic 2 connected to it, also in this moment would be difficult for me to invest in something to try, I also don't want to order stuff to try and eventually send it back etc.

I think this is a good forum to gather some good informations