Topic: HDSPAio e and WCM

I’ve got the HDSPAIOe card installed on my PC. I bought the Word Clock Unit WCU. The handbook is made for 9632, but the WCU is compliant with HDSPAIOe as well. Unfortionately the instructions for setting up the WCU is made for the 9632 card, an thus It cannot be used for HDSPAIOe, sinse there is no way to makes the settings for WordClock use on a HDSPAIOe card (as far as I understand it). Anyone who has any experiance of the WCU and can help me makes the settings right? I whant to use the intrernal clock on HDSPAIOe as master to my Avid 800 preamp via the WCU. The preamp is connected with ADAT out from the preamp to HDSPAIOe ADAT in. And connected WordClock out via BNC cable from HSDPAIOe out to WordClock in on the preamp. My HDSPAIOe card is set to be the master and the preamp is set to listen for signal from the card. But no signal is noted on the preamp, and my card says that it is synced on ADAT1 (thus not on wordclock).

I’ll be greaqtful forn any suggestions.

Re: HDSPAio e and WCM

I must have been pretty frustrated when writing about this. My preamp is an Audient Psa 800, nothing else.

sure you didnt have the HSDPAIOe clock set to autosync instead of master?

ADI2, Digiface, ARC

If you have set the rme to internal, the audiont to WC and adat reads sync in the rme control pannel everything is working as it should.
The rme cant report WC cause it is using the out port WC. It can only report on an in port sync status. The WC out port is always outputting WC, nothing to set up for

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
Babyface pro fs, HDSP9652+ADI-8AE, HDSP9632

The settings/options for AIO and 9632 are the same, but driver nomenclature may have changed over time...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

I have no clue what you mean with the manual 9632. The AIO has its own manual, easily available on our website as pdf.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

The presentation on the RME website for the WCM says that instructions on how to install and make settings for the WCM are to find in the manual for the 9632 manual and it also present a link to that manual. Thats what I mean. That manual I cannot follow since it includes settings for WC that is not available for my card. Sorry if I was not clear on this.

vinark wrote:

If you have set the rme to internal, the audiont to WC and adat reads sync in the rme control pannel everything is working as it should.
The rme cant report WC cause it is using the out port WC. It can only report on an in port sync status. The WC out port is always outputting WC, nothing to set up for

Thank you! This makes it clear for me.

RME Support wrote:

The settings/options for AIO and 9632 are the same, but driver nomenclature may have changed over time...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

I dont agree. The 9632 has settings for WC that dont exist on AIO. Thats my problem. It is not driver nomenclature that has changed, they exist on 9632 but not on AIO, as I understand it. Thnaks anyhow for the help.

Regards
Janne F