Topic: HDSPe AIO Pro as analogue phono input

Hi, is it possible, to use the HDSPe AIO Pro as "high end soundcard" for a win10pro desktop?

I bought a new turntable with MC system, so I get a analogue output of my MC preamp. I was thinking of getting a HDSPe AIO Pro and use the analogue XLR inputs for the preamp. So use it as a AD converter.

Output digital coax or optical into the ADI 2 FS

Thank you very much
Lambert

Re: HDSPe AIO Pro as analogue phono input

The output of a turntables MM/MC system has no line level and you need conversion from RIAA format (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RIAA_equalization). So you need a phono preamp that performs RIAA decodation and has an output that delivers line level.

If I remember right this has been discussed a couple of times in the forum, I would check by using forum search.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Thank you ramses, I know, I have a MC preamp, that delivers line level. But analogue line level...I need to get a AD conversion. So  either the ADI DAC PRO ( has a analogue input ) or the HDSPe AIO Pro ( has a analogue input ) and a digital output for the ADI-2 DAC FS. This would be the far easier and cheaper solution. The HDSPe AIO Pro sells for about € 680.

Sorry, I missed the info that you already have the MC Preamp. Then there is probably still the question about the quality. Well, the AIO Pro FS has just been reworked, as you probably know, and has converters from AKM built in.
You don't do anything wrong with the card and the differences in the converters are not that big anymore. From the technical data the AIO is really great, have a look at the data.
Later on, you can always upgrade to an ADI-2 DAC or Pro, if you think you need the features of these products.
And ... With the AIO you would have a card that supports TotalMix FX, and with it you could even connect an ARC USB. Then the routing can be adjusted very nicely via the card / TM FX.
Many ways are possible, in case of doubt: try both.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13