Topic: HDSPe AIO and Multiface II

Hey Guys

A quick couple of questions:

I've heard people say they are using these together.  How are you physically connecting these without the firewire connection?  ADAT? SPDIF? Do they both appear in the totalmix window?

I'd like to use my good old Multiface in my new Ryzen box -- But before I invest in a AIO or an AES I'd like to be sure they will work together.

Thanks all!

Re: HDSPe AIO and Multiface II

Is the answer to my 1st question arcane info, or 180° from there?

Just a quick verification from a knowlegable individual would be good; I need to be sure that these two devices will easily work together before I purchase anything.

Both cards share the same driver, so from DAW perspective both cards should be accessible.

But such a setup would have the disadvantage, that you have to work with two individual TM FX instances, where it is not possible to route inputs of one card to outputs of the other cards which is a limitation in terms of routing / the creation submixes with TM FX.

An alternative to this might be to use DAW mode and to route in the DAW. But then you do not have all the nice TM FX routing features anymore.

So to say, no matter how you set this up, you have limitations and you have to work in two separate TotalMix FX instances which needs more space on the screen.

Another thing is, that you need to clock sync both cards by using (sacrificing) one digital connection, ADAT or SPDIF to get the two cards clock synchronized. And you need to take care manually in the driver settings, that both cards use the same ASIO buffer size.

Definitively better would be to get a 802 or even better UFX II, then you have all in one package without any limitation.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Separated TM FX windows. As long as they use the same driver all our products can be used simultaneously under ASIO. Syncing is required, typically done via word clock, as described in the manuals, chapter multiple interface operation.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME