1 (edited by pdichiaro 2020-10-23 09:00:28)

Topic: HDSPe MADI Hammerfal DSP settings lost WDM configuration

In Hammerfal DSP settings
WDM device> Configure
WDM device selected is 0
If I select "all" and apply, after reboot devices selected go to 0

I updated Firmware from 17 version to 33/203 version
Driver Version WDM: 4.30
User: administrators group

P.s. if I select 31 devices, settings was not lost after reboot
I think problem is in "all" selection

Any ideas?

Re: HDSPe MADI Hammerfal DSP settings lost WDM configuration

Confirmed, thanks. Will be fixed.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks a lot!!
Let me know when update is available

Best regards

Driver version 4.35 for Windows has been released.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hallo,
I tried to update drivers to 4.35 version
Update go fine but it's impossible to update firmware 33/205.

I trying to launch update firmware as administrator but anyway nothing happens.

I tried to uninstall everthing by RME and reinstall it again after restart, but nothing solved.

Trying to open DSP in try icon bar or SysWOW64 folder but nothing appended.

No good.. sad

Edit: you were on 33 already - why are you trying to flash 33 again? 203/205 is not your card.

'Update go fine', but card doesn't work anymore? Then update did not go fine...

First check if the card is found in Device Manager at all. You can try to install the former driver again via Device Manager, or downlaod your former 4.30 here:

http://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/drive … in_430.zip

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

7 (edited by pdichiaro 2020-10-29 07:47:51)

I red new date relase for Firmware and i though i had last version 33/203 e newest was 33/205
I red now there is two series of HDSPe MADI one with v33 firmware and one with v203/205

Anyway..
I uninstalled everything about RME and try to reinstall 4.35 after reboot

DSP settings in icon try bar is impossible to open
In device manager RME Hammerfall DSP MADI icon is in alert mode:

Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown
source. (Code 52)

In sound Volume control RME card is not showed

In control panel >program as RME product  is showed only one Windows Driver Package - RME HDSP series 4.3.5.0
and RME Hammerfall DSP (WDM)

Thanks for your help.

Your Windows 7 is outdated. Go online and apply the latest updates. This will update the signature and certificate library and make the driver being recognized/allowed again. I was even able to install this driver under Windows XP - using its latest updates...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

9 (edited by pdichiaro 2020-10-30 11:19:39)

1)done Windows updates, 1 update
2)uninstalled RME drivers - rebooted - reinstalled driver - Device manager show alert message again - no fix
3)I try to use portableUpdate for Windows Update - only malware update.
4)I try to do again point 2 - no fix
5)uninstalled device in device manager - uninstalled driver - rebooted - reinstaled driver 4.35 - no fix
6)changed user with administrator user (default Windows)  - no other windows update
7)try to do again point  5 with administrator - no fix
8)uninstalled device - uninstalled driver - rebooted - tryed to install driver 4.30 - device manager alert fixed and DSP pannel settings could be open..

9)reinstalling only OS after formatting - updated with all update - check system time/date (right) - installed 4.35 driver

during 4.35 driver installation a warning red Windows security message alert "Windows can't veriify the publisher of this driver software - continued anyway.
Restarted
Alert Windows message "Program compatibility assistant - Windows requires a digital signed driver" for hdsp_64.sys

In Windows device manager RME Hammerfall DSP MADI icon is in again in alert mode

What can i do now?

10 (edited by pdichiaro 2020-10-30 12:40:35)

The only way I found to use 4.35 drivers is "Enable Loading of Test Signed Drivers"

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/window … ion-option

is it a right way?

Yeah, latest 4.35 driver give me a warning on Win8.1. Previous driver did install without warning .

You both will have problems in the future with other drivers as well. The certificates used to sign a driver expire. Version 4.35 uses a newer certificate than 4.30. We will use that older certificate to make a compatible driver for you, but this specific certificate will expire soon, so can no longer be used, and you will not be able to install future drivers. This is also true for any other driver, but you won't notice it there as these are not often updated like ours.

When I fixed this problem for XP I had to manually download the latest updates (XP SP 3 plus some). Since MS changed the signing from SHA-1 to SHA-2 many old installations stopped to get the latest updates and especially updates for the root certificates. These are checked once a week and would make newer drivers be recognized correctly. So make sure your OS is on the latest updates up to 2020 and supports SHA-2.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

A new version of 4.35 compiled with the older certificate is now available on our website (dated 3 November).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Not a real issue for me since I was able to install the drivers. But who is to blame? I'm on Windows 8.1 Pro with all the Windows Updates installed ...

If blame is intended as guilty, I 'don't think there is a guilty! ...there is only a problem to solve...
Thanks a lot to MC for driver with older certificate!!
Have a nice day
Best redgards