Topic: Driver/Firmware update not working, Babyface Pro FS not detected

Hi,

I have a Macbook Pro from early 2011 with Mac Os Sierra 10.12.6 on a 2,7 Ghz Intel Core i7.

I just bought an RME Babyface Pro FS and proceeded to install the driver and flash update.

I restarted the computer.

Total Mix and Fireface USB Settings appear in the Apllications folder.

Then I connected the Babyface through USB.

Neither Total Mix nor Fireface USB Settings launch.

I double-clicked on RME USB Series Flash Tool but it doesn't launch either.

I followed the procedure in case the Babyface was in Class Compliance mode but nothing changed.

I am not sure I understand correctly how to know if it actually is in CC mode or normal mode though. Manual says the letters “CC” or “PC” should appear on the level meters but I don't see any of those. The first time I tried the procedure (hold SELECT and DIM button and then plug the Babyface), 2 red lights appeared on at the bottom of the OUTPUT level meter (just above “DIM”), which were not there when I first plugged the Babyface.

When I tried to launch the Total Mix app, it seemed to launch because it appears in the Dock, but nothing else happens. When I click File → New Total Mix Window, the Function & Device Select Window appears, but the Babyface doesn't appear in the Device Selection part.

I also tried the same things after downloading the older driver. No success either.

Does anyone know what the problem is?

Thanks

Re: Driver/Firmware update not working, Babyface Pro FS not detected

It sounds like the unit is in CC mode. The meters literally make letters like an LCD clock, the input meters L&R together will either show P or C. It's only there for 1 second when the unit powers on, please try switching again.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

3 (edited by tmartyfr 2020-11-07 15:21:51)

Re: Driver/Firmware update not working, Babyface Pro FS not detected

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

Ok so I made sure the Babyface wasn't in CC mode by checking the level meters.

But the problem is still there...

I have another lead though : when I tried to uninstall the drivers in order to restart from scratch, I noticed that 2 of the files were missing. Here are the missing files :

/Users/username/Library/Preferences/de.rme-audio.TotalmixFX.plist
/Users/username/Library/Preferences/de.rme-audio.Fireface_USB_Settings.plist

Could this mean that the installation was not complete?