Topic: UFX pauses before outputting audio

RME UFX connected to 2017 8 core Mac Pro "trash can" via USB, OS 10.14.6, RME driver 3.1.9, DAW is Nuendo. If the system has been idle for awhile and then I press play, there is a pause of anywhere from 3 to 30 seconds before the audio actually is heard at my ATC monitors - I can see the meters on the RME as if they are outputting, but no sound during that paused time. There is no "eco" setting on the ATC's, and they both start up exacty at the same time, so I am assuming there is a problem with the UFX. Anything I am missing here? Is there some kind of sleep mode on the RME?

Re: UFX pauses before outputting audio

Incomplete description. Monitors are connected how? Did you check the UFX phones out?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by jweisbin 2020-11-05 21:50:16)

The ATC powered monitors are connected via balanced cables from analog 1-2 out on the UFX. The problem does not occur with the headphone outs.

Also I use the desktop remote - could that be an issue?

2 ways to troubleshoot. Connect something different to ufx analog 1 and 2 and see if it is also problematic or connect something different to the atc's And see what happens.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632

In a perfect world your advice makes sense. However we are in the middle of a Covid crisis and I am stuck at home without access to my studio where I would have access to other monitors and audio interfaces. What am I supposed to do, buy new monitors and/or a new audio interface to test this? Ain't gonna happen.