Topic: UFX+ clicks & no audio in Logic Pro X when sample rate is not 44kHz

Hello,

I am running a UFX+ interface on macOS 10.15.6. The interface works fine in Ableton Live 10 at all sample rates, and it works fine in Logic 10.5.1 when I load projects that are recorded at 44.1kHz. However, if I try to open a project that was recorded at a different sample rate, or if I try to switch an existing session to a different sample rate, I start hearing loud clicks, the whole program hangs with the message "Initializing audio..", and even when the message disappears, if I try to play there is no audio playback whatsoever, then it hangs again with the message "Initializing audio..", and so on. This happens both with the Thunderbolt connection (Firmware v105, Driver v1.12) and the USB3 connection (Driver v3.19). If I use a different audio interface Logic runs fine at all sample rates and it correctly plays all of my projects. The "Test Results" on my UFX+ are "0 0000 0000 19 0 MSD".

Please let me know whether there is anything I can do.
Niccolò

Re: UFX+ clicks & no audio in Logic Pro X when sample rate is not 44kHz

If you have any special audio plugin apps like Soundflower or Loopback, please try uninstalling these. They have been causing some odd issues with Catalina.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

If you load a project in your daw software with a different sample rate than what is set in your soundcard, your daw software will “hang”. Only way to resolve is to set the clock in the driver settings to that of your project and your daw software will respond again.

ADI2, Digiface, ARC

Jeff wrote:

If you have any special audio plugin apps like Soundflower or Loopback, please try uninstalling these. They have been causing some odd issues with Catalina.

Well, I just updated Audio Hijack (a software with similar functionality) and the problem seems to be gone. Thank you!