1 (edited by chrisole 2020-11-02 17:37:40)

Topic: cant open fireface 400 with High sierra

Hello,
i have a fireface 400 with firewire and it used to work fine with mac os high sierra 10.13.6  but somehow i must have changed my preferences and now it doesnt open no more what it did before when plugging in the cable.
i downloaded the driver_fw_mac_339.zip and i dont have any idea why it dosent work.
Some advice for me to fix this problem?
Thanks!
Christian

Re: cant open fireface 400 with High sierra

nobody knows anything about this issue?

Red LED on on the FF400?

If not, I bet the FF400 is working fine, only the settings and/or Totalmix no longer open automatically.

MB Pro - 2 X FireFace 400, FF800 & DigiFace USB
ADAT gear: Korg, Behri, Fostex, Alesis...

4 (edited by chrisole 2020-11-06 20:19:32)

Hello Cyrano thanx for the response!
Yes it does and its on too when connected per firewire with the mac book, but
i cant use it for logic no more because logic does not identify it.
Any idea what to do?

As the FF400 gets older, it draws a little bit more current. It works fine with power from the Mac via FW, until one day it doesn't.

So the first test should be on external power. Also set the power switch on the back to 'external'.

Does it work?

If this makes no difference, it could be your FF400 needs a new mainboard, cause the caps in the PSU section are worn out.

Do you have another computer to test with?

MB Pro - 2 X FireFace 400, FF800 & DigiFace USB
ADAT gear: Korg, Behri, Fostex, Alesis...

Thanx again cyrano!
I tried the fireface with external power and my old mac which works fine! Totalmix and the fireface settings pop up when connected per firewire cable.  The actual situation is like defined before. When pluging in the cable the fireface gets power but no pop up of  Totalmix and the fireface settings . Total mix can be opened but without using the functions. The same sitiuation when the FF 400 is with external power device. I changed some settings in the library about two weeks and since that i have this issue. so i think it was my fault. I also compared the settings in the library in the application support folder but they are  the same. I also deinstalled the driver, but nothing happened. Yesterday in my despair i renewed High sierra. Still no recognition of the ff400 . It doesnt look good and i am running out of ideas!

chrisole wrote:

Yes it does and its on too when connected per firewire with the mac book, but
i cant use it for logic no more

'but'? When the red HOST LED is on there is no communication to the host (red = error), so of course Logic won't work.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Sorry but i never had this situation , it always worked fine!

but'? When the red HOST LED is on there is no communication to the host (red = error), so of course Logic won't work.

Any suggestion what i can do to get it connected again?

Have you tried another cable? What kind of Mac is this exactly?

Regards,
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Hallo Daniel,

it is a Mac Book 2012 2,9GHz  Intelcore 7 with High Sierra.
I also tried it with another 2012 2,5GHz I5 with HS and it worked immediately after installing the driver .
So cable and fireface is fine
As mentioned it worked perfect in this setup before  but somehow i changed something in the preferences and now no connection.

Regards Christian