1 (edited by grandpaface 2020-09-05 13:12:19)

Topic: Mac OS Big Sur drivers

Hi

I’m a nerd so I’ve installed the Big Sur public beta, and unsurprisingly, my Babyface Pro doesn’t work. It does appear in the usb devices list though.

Any time frame for the Big Sur drivers ?

Thanks

Re: Mac OS Big Sur drivers

I wouldn't mind testing beta drivers.. Fyi

Hi, would also be great to know! Currently running macOS Catalina, and the Totalmix/Fireface USB settings apps complain on startup that they will not be compatible with future versions of macOS.

Will this be ready in time for the next major OS release?

You are not using current drivers. And Big Sur requires some manual steps to load third party drivers, as described throughout the web. This has nothing to do with RME and we do not need to update anything, it already works if installed correctly.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

hier stehts:

https://www.rme-audio.de/installationsanleitung.html

thx
Franky

Nein, steht da nicht. Big Sur ist Beta, dafür gibt es von uns noch keinen Support.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

If you've read the license from Apple you agreed to when installing Big Sur, you can't even talk about it here. Or anywhere else, for that matter.

Or has Apple changed anything that I missed?

MB Pro - 2 X FireFace 400, FF800 & DigiFace USB
ADAT gear: Korg, Behri, Fostex, Alesis...

MC wrote:

You are not using current drivers. And Big Sur requires some manual steps to load third party drivers, as described throughout the web. This has nothing to do with RME and we do not need to update anything, it already works if installed correctly.

how would one find these manual steps?

Bigsur locks you out of security settings after installing RME or any other audio drivers, making an installation impossible

Google is your friend. In this case.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi Matthias,

do you already know when a driver for Fireface 400, 800, 802, UCX, UFX under Mac OS Big Sur will be available?

Thanks and cheers,
Tom

11 (edited by driftwood.brighton 2020-11-14 21:51:11)

Mac OS Big Sur release works fine with Fireface800 v3.39 drivers.