Topic: HDSPe AIO: Card working improperly after update to Big Sur 11.0.1 RC2

I've been using my HDSPe AIO as SPDIF output for my speaker since 10.15 on my Mac Pro 2019 and it's working fine. I'm a software developer and using beta OS is part of my workflow, and AIO works fine since macOS Big Sur beta 1 through RC (aka GM). After the Apple event they released the RC2, which is supposedly the final version that will be released on Nov 12 as it no longer force user to send analytic data by default as other Apple beta versions. After update to RC2, with driver 4.17, it no longer output correctly (with glitching loud noice) and this is what I saw:

https://i.imgur.com/Wx4CPI6.png

I tried reinstall the driver, disable SIP and stuff but doesn't change anything. I understand that due to they decided to kept the universal binary part out of the beta until now, it's likely to be a bug of the OS. Ask here just in case the the driver needs to be updated.

Re: HDSPe AIO: Card working improperly after update to Big Sur 11.0.1 RC2

We can reproduce issues with RC2 and are on the case. I'll post here when we have news.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

We can reproduce issues with RC2 and are on the case. I'll post here when we have news.

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully we can have it working again soon.

Just wanted to chime in and say, yes, I can reproduce this as well. It was working fine for me previously as well.

But more importantly, I would like to offer my appreciation that RME is actively testing and responding to issues like this, vs. so many "hardware" companies that take many months after OS updates or other events to even acknowledge problems, much less imply they are going to fix them.

This means a lot to me, and I'm sure many others that wish to have excellent hardware but also stay up to date with new versions of their OS, Thanks!

FYI, the issue still present in the final version of 11.0.1, which should be almost identical to RC2 (20B28 vs 20B29).

For what its worth, as someone who does not use MIDI I'm fine with trying out the AIO HDSPe driver in the mean time if you want to post it.

Here is the macOS 11 (Big Sur only) HDSPe series driver (with working MIDI):

http://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/hdspe_x86_420.zip

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hello,

I can confirm that driver version 420 is working properly for me again with my HSPDe AIO in Big Sur!

Thank you so much for your prompt fix for the OS update.

MC wrote:

Here is the macOS 11 (Big Sur only) HDSPe series driver (with working MIDI):

http://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/hdspe_x86_420.zip

This link does not work. Where can i get this driver for Big Sur?

Thank you

This link does work.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME